• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Iron Mike's Firefly VC !

You don't bug me when you're building a kit! One can only bug me if you get details and facts and then publish them as your own research... That is called the LeRoi Syndrome. ;)

Regards,

In the Midwest, it's Ed Syndrome!! :laugh: Thanks Saul and Sherm, I am way out of my element with this one!

I'm enjoying this SBS, I'm glad you showed a pic of the smoke generators....the instructions aren't very clear at least for me where they should go.

Tom

Thank you, Tom! I wish I could say i did it myself, but the lack of clear instructions and reference pictures prompted me to send out an SOS. Saul came through with clear photos that walked me right through the assembly and placement. Too bad Dragon didn't show more detail, I almost left the parts off! (y)

My package from the Far East showed up today, the new barrel is too cool!! Will post up progress pix as any is made. :laugh:

I knew it I knew it !!! I knew that i would finally see the day the MIKE built a SHERMAN !!! :)

Great job as always !!!!!

regards
JOEY

Re: Iron Mike's Firefly VC ! May 4, 2011 UPDATE

Hi friends! No, I haven't forgotten this build and wanted to say thank you to all who have commented! I got to a stopping point on the StuG build, so I picked up the Firefly again. The LionMarc barrel is TOO cool, fits the model and looks very menacing!! I added a few of the loose bits and pieces, almost ready to start the tracks. I am still considering adding a commander, but anyone who knows me, knows how I feel about painting figures!!

IMG_4072.JPG

IMG_4073.JPG

IMG_4074.JPG

IMG_4075.JPG

IMG_4076.JPG

I need to add some texture to the casting, touch up the welds and add the headlight guards. The machine gun blank on the bow doesn't seem to look like the instructions and doesn't fit quite right. I'll add it when I find some reference pix, suggestions? Thanks for looking, comments always welcome!! (y)

Looks good Mike. Let me look in my stash and see if I have a tanker for you. I think I have a couple hanging around.
James

Send me a pm with your snail mail. I think I have something that will work for you.
James

This has been stalled out for a bit while other projects have been at the fore, but I got a C.A.R.E. package from a generous friend in today's mail, so I focused the afternoon on the Firefly. When I went looking for my Armorscale barrel for the StuG, I came across a must have, a Browning M2 50 cal for my turret! What a cool little piece and it went together like a dream!!

IMG_4152.JPG

No, that's not Cromwell at the helm!

IMG_4151.JPG

IMG_4147.JPG

IMG_4146.JPG

The crewman is from the Dragon kit, seeing if he fits, before he gives me fits!!

IMG_4148.JPG

PE headlight and taillight guards in place.

IMG_4150.JPG

IMG_4149.JPG

The C.A.R.E. package has a set of vinyl tracks, I just couldn't see using the kit individual links, when the Shermans had live tracks, virtually eliminating the sag. I still have some miscellaneous bits and pieces before primer and paint, but wanted some feed back from those of you who know Allied armor. Comments and critiques welcome! (y)

Hey Mike, that is cool!!!

Armorscale, Huh? I'll be picking some of those up!

The Firefly is lookin' good!!!(y) (y) (y)

Bob

Back