• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm still around! :-)

bob letterman

Master at Arms
Staff member
After a couple of members contacted me to see if I was OK, (I haven't been posting much lately), I thought I'd post here and let you know I'm still alive and kicking! :) In late August I was walking my doberman in the park.There are others I see every day doing the same, we know each other and our dogs do as well. We let them off leash and they play together. Well, that time, I had Dancer on a leash and as we turned a corner in the heavily wooded park, I saw two of those friends and their dogs playing together. As soon as they saw Dancer, they ran toward us. One went between my legs and Dancer followed. The leash wrapped around my leg, then both dogs took off back to the friends. Dobermans are very powerful dogs and down I went. It broke my ankle in two places. Two months later I was finally given a clean bill of health and by then, I had to play catch up with all the things I hadn't been able to do, and, during the pandemic, then the holidays, my daughter's birthday and so on. Hopefully, I'll be back to my bench after Christmas and get caught up there.

Bob

Good to hear from you Bob- sorry about the accident and the broken ankle. I know how being saddled by something can be...I've been fighting off gout for two weeks and can finally walk normal again. Looking forward to seeing your work again when you're up to it!

Looking forward to your return to the bench and please keep the emails coming. :vgood:

Wow, that's awful! Glad you are better! May I recommend Mini-pins? All the Doberman, packed in a pint-sized package! Mr. Brown in my
profile photo is 1/2 red min-pin, 1/2 Chihuahua.
Min-pin.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf

Good to hear from you Bob- sorry about the accident and the broken ankle. I know how being saddled by something can be...I've been fighting off gout for two weeks and can finally walk normal again. Looking forward to seeing your work again when you're up to it!
Thanks Jeeves,

Yeah, those golden years aren't so golden at times, but I back and at it!

Bob

Glad your doing better,stay safe in these difficult times

Thank you Sir!

Bob
Wow, that's awful! Glad you are better! May I recommend Mini-pins? All the Doberman, packed in a pint-sized package! Mr. Brown in my
profile photo is 1/2 red min-pin, 1/2 Chihuahua.
View attachment 131097

Thanks John!

Sorry, Min Pins are not dobermans. I love all breeds but, I am stuck on Dobermans. You have to own one to understand. They own you, not the other way around and are much like a clingy wife! Jealous as hell! :)

Bob

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf :rotf
I hear ya Mike!

I'll never be without a dog! In my entire 80 years, the only time I didn't have a dog was my four years in the military, 1958 to 1962.

Bob

That's crazy Bob but so glad to hear that you are doing much better. This year has just been nutz and will be so happy to see it move into history.
:victory:

Woof.

With Labs who don't think physics apply to them, I've had plenty of mishaps. They adhere strictly to the 'shortest distance is a straight line' and twice I've made the mistake of throwing a stick while one was behind me, only to find myself staring up at the sky, while my brain tried to make sense of why I'm flat on my back when less than a second before I was standing upright.

Glad to hear you're okay Bob, looking forward to bench photos.

Back