• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I'm still alive!

nerdling

Sorry about the long absent guys. It has been a very hectic past few months. Sarah and I moved back up to Portland to be closer to family back in August. I started a new job once we got here. Only to leave that job at the beginning of November due to it not being a good fit. Since than I found a new job that pays more and that I love doing. Sarah also started a new job a few months back. In between all of this I was recently diagnosed with Crohn's disease. So I've been down and out for a few weeks due to that. Luckily my new job is very understanding with the whole thing. Today was actually my first day back to work. Took it kind of slow since my energy levels are low right now. To top that off we finally found a place of our own and began to move in over the weekend. Right now I am getting the building bug bad since I've literally built nothing for 8 months now. Unfortunately it will have to wait till everything is organized and put in its place.

Good to hear most things are working out. Sorry to hear of the Crohns disease though. Had a friend who had that and my buddies son has it. Not nice.
Take it easy. Recently I moved up to the dining room table to build, maybe you might do that so you can feed the need. Downside is you have to pack up after each session, good news is you would be building.
Take care. :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen
James

Sending mega :zen Ryan.

Glad they got you diagnosed and getting treatment, get your stuff in order and if the creek don't rise, we'll be here? :soldier

Thanks guys. They have me on some pretty heavy steroids for inflammation. So far they have been doing pretty well. Now just have to figure out what foods are still ok for me. So far Chinese food and seafood are good to go. Currently trying to figure out what to build first. Probably won't be doing any campaigns for awhile since it is still a day to day thing. But strangely I will say it does give you a different outlook on life. Now I'm happy to wake up each morning and realize hey there isn't any gut wrenching pain today. Oh and it does wonders for weight loss. Went from 225 a few months ago to 185 right now :rotf :rotf Except now I need smaller clothes.

Good to hear from you Ryan. Hope you get things sorted and can managed some bench time soon. Sennding :zen :zen :zen

Me Too ... :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen Get Well I have the opposite thing ... Hypothyroidism ... hard to get motivated some times ... glad you caught it in time ... I had to tell my brother to go to the doc when He had it. He had shrunk to half His body size. You've been missed ... get well soon ... :salute

So Ryan, the rumors of your "Assimulation" were greatly exaggerated ay?! (y) (y) Glad to see ya back!! Sending plenty of :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen :zen your way. Not too sure what Crohns disease is but, I do know about having health issues & taking heavy steriods :S :sick: :frantic (I'll google it) Yeah, it does change one's outlook on life...
Well, you get yourself situated in the new digs & start buildin' again & things'll be alright for ya :drinks

Ryan,
My old Master Chief has Crohns. He's most careful with alcohol. He's religious about his Med's. Steroids generally do not add to one's patience. Weight loss is commonplace, until your system finds it's "Plateau". DO NOT trust a Fart!!!
God love you, Boy! I'm glad you're on the upswing! (y) Looking forward to more of your interesting builds and commentary. :good: :notworthy :ro:

Thanks guys. Each day I've been feeling better and better. Slowly finding what I can eat and can't eat. Most things seem to be ok in moderation. Getting the new house put into order. Today I'm working on getting the new hobby room put together :geek. Thinking I might build another Tamiya Brewster Buffalo for my first build. Built a few in the past and loved each one.

Back