• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I know what I will do.

I trimmed the neck to start, but might trim it again. Havent decided yet on that or extending the basin. Got the idea from here

Still working on it. Not bad for a days work though.
James

James,

There's your answer! Trim the neck so it seems as though the horse has lowered its head to drink. Brilliant!

Regards,

Made some adjustments. Shortened the head. Had an issue with my airbrush and vallejo. Will have to find something else. Head is just blue tacked on.

left2_2_20101206_1398725101.jpg

front2_1_20101206_1934324539.jpg

I kind of like the horse head. Now have to figure out how to pull of brass colour.

James

Of the head? Should be several shades of green for brass, unless it's going to be brand new.

Oh .........:unsure:

I know I seen some where to get that look .........

Maybe look at craft stuff like at Hobby Lobby or something like that

Sorry not much help

This could be way cool James, well it already is but the paint scheme on the horse head. Like down his nose could be well polished brass where people put their hand to lean on but down his neck and other hard to reach places could be heavily tarnished. I'm thinking a series of filters one on top with a dry brush of brass at the end.

Okay this is what I ended up with. My thanks to Iron Mike for an article which helped me along.

left3_1_20101209_1558866105.jpg

right3_3_20101209_1010431954.jpg

right2_2_20101209_2098266657.jpg

Critiques welcome.

James

:blink :blink :blink

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Mike needs to come off what he sent ya and share with everyone else. That or I'm sending all my brass bronze stuff to you to paint.

James! That looks awesome, buddy! Excellent work!! (y) I think we a step by step of your technique, cuz the article doesn't have anything like this in it!!

Nothing special, but I'm kinda happy. Now if I can pull off the paint job for the well, I be very happy.
James

Okay, I think I have the colour as I like. Added a pump handle with plastic rod and strip and fine wire rope handle. Dont know if it is visible but have a small stain of water and rust from handle mechanism and a greenish ring in the basin. I'm planning on filling this with Jerry Cans so not much will be visible.

front3_3_20101209_1783428017.jpg

left5_2_20101209_1847209000.jpg

left4_1_20101209_1223209213.jpg

Please critique away.
James

Pull handle, horse vomits. I love it! ;D
It's a good thing James didn't model the WHOLE horse, pull the tail and all??? :idonno

Looks great buddy! Can I send you mine, seems my "well of inspiration" has run dry!

Back