• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I Bless the Rains Down in Africa

I would like to clarify the case, which in the context of the campaign name is not quite clear - is the campaign limited to "objects" owned and used by African countries, or includes any "object", as long as it was used in the "black land" geography border regardless of owner origin?

For me, this makes more sense to the first option...

And last question - does the equipment belonging to the African country, but used outside of Africa also falls within the scope of the campaign?

Kitty Hawk is now shipping their Killer Eggs (good for Blackhawk Down scenes)!
13995569_866435050166145_4543470253701525550_o.jpg

Regards,

Who has them? Any idea as to cost? They look neat!

I would like to clarify the case, which in the context of the campaign name is not quite clear - is the campaign limited to "objects" owned and used by African countries, or includes any "object", as long as it was used in the "black land" geography border regardless of owner origin?

For me, this makes more sense to the first option...

And last question - does the equipment belonging to the African country, but used outside of Africa also falls within the scope of the campaign?

Hubert, this campaign is open to ANYTHING (civilian or military, and air, sea, or land) used on, over, or within the territorial limits of the African continent. So, you were right about the Iraqi aircraft but it is open to Egyptian aircraft and their campaigns within the African territorial limits.

Post a photo of what you have in mind.

Regards,

Post a photo of what you have in mind.

Regards,

P-51 SAAF used in Korea 1950-51

Ventura GR.II RAF, Notrh Africa / Mediterranean 1943
Hawker Typhoon RAF Notrh Africa 1943
Bf-109E Luftwaffe North Africa 1942
F4F-4 FAA, Madagascar 1942
F4F-4 FAA, Notrh Arfica 1942
A-20 USAAF, Tunisia 1943
Spitfire Mk.IXC, Polish Flight Team "Skalski Circus" Tunisia 1943

P-51 SAAF used in Korea 1950-51
Not a good choice unless you show it as in South Africa before deployment to Korea. The aircraft must be in Africa.

The rest are fine as long as they are used in or over Africa. I'd love to see the Spitfire. ;)
Ventura GR.II RAF, North Africa / Mediterranean 1943
Hawker Typhoon RAF North Africa 1943
Bf-109E Luftwaffe North Africa 1942
F4F-4 FAA, Madagascar 1942
F4F-4 FAA, North Africa 1942
A-20 USAAF, Tunisia 1943
Spitfire Mk.IXC, Polish Flight Team "Skalski Circus" Tunisia 1943

Regards,

Didn't realize this one was a go...been watching someone on another forum building the Rhino...I'm going to need.to clear some builds and space before pulling that beastie out ;)

Yeah, I need to find something for here too. I need to remember what I was going to submit. Time to scroll back through this....

Yeah, I need to find something for here too. I need to remember what I was going to submit. Time to scroll back through this....

You simply stated you wished to expand your South Africa Air Force but needed decals. They were sent ;) so now pick something!

Regards,

This was my idea so, what should I do? Especially considering my track record!

Something simply with no sharkmouth and only a replacement RB barrel?
QF2Pounder00.jpg

A Seafire used in Operation Torch? Not being happy, you see the Airfix kit next to it ready to offer its fuselage as it is much better...
SeafireMkII00.jpg

or simply build the Airfix kit as Chappie even though most sites call it a Mk VC but I see no proof other than it being a Mk VB. It only has one 20mm barrel per wing and seems set lower than the one in the background which is a Mk VC as you also see the stub where the outer cannon or machine gun would be. This would entail buying the Eagle Strike decal sheet which I don't have:
hd8eb3ea.jpg

h4724105.jpg

Or this UAZ using the excellent Trumpeter kit with some simple upgrades...
UAZ469000.jpg

such as DEF Model wheels, ET Model PE set (most of which are tiedowns which I prefer to make myself) and the DShKm heavy machine gun from MiniArt for which I may not need the PE or RB barrel...
UAZ469001.jpg

Regards,

This was my idea so, what should I do? Especially considering my track record!

or simply build the Airfix kit as Chappie even though most sites call it a Mk VC but I see no proof other than it being a Mk VB. It only has one 20mm barrel per wing and seems set lower than the one in the background which is a Mk VC as you also see the stub where the outer cannon or machine gun would be. This would entail buying the Eagle Strike decal sheet which I don't have:
hd8eb3ea.jpg

h4724105.jpg

I'd love to see the Spitfire. ;)

Can anyone help me - I'm looking for pictures or drawing of M41 Walker Bulldog in the service of South Africa, Somalia or Tunisia...

While looking for some Walker tanks in African service, I came across this photo:
23209865-Destroyed-tank-in-Somalia-Stock-Photo.jpg

Hey, it looks like my T-34B where it stands now! I should simply paint it and pick up my ribbon as a T-34B in Somali service!

Joking, of course!

Regards,

Back