• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

I am calling this 1/72 scale model finished....

matrixone

This thing is called a Scheuch-Schlepper and was designed and built to collect and move Me 163 Komets after they have landed back at their airfield. The Komets did not have wheels and landed on a central skid and were a sitting duck for any Allied fighter that happened to be near the airfield, the Scheuch-Schlepper made it easy to move the Me 163 to safety so it could be refueled and armed for another mission.

My model was built from Scheuch-Schlepper supplied with the Academy 1/72 scale Me 163 kit and was built O.O.B. and painted with Model Master enamels sprayed free-handed with my Iwata Revolution BR airbrush. The last of the weathering was put on this morning and I attempted to weather it to make it look like it has seen heavy use by adding some paint scrapes and paint chipping and also by dry-brushing and airbrushing some 'dirt' colored paint on the undersurfaces.

On to the pics...
402927083.jpg

402927081.jpg

402927075.jpg

402927077.jpg

402927084.jpg

The Me 163 seen with the Scheuch-Schlepper was built from the HobbyBoss easy assembly kit, more will be seen of this model and the Academy Me 163 later, most likely sometime next week because of the poor weather in my area which prevents me from taking the kind of pics I have planned.

Matrixone

Thanks very much James!

I would also welcome a kit of this vehicle in 1/48 scale...it would go well with the 1/48 scale Komet I am now building. I bet Tamiya could make a stunning high quality 1/48 scale kit of this vehicle...they already make a terrific kit of the Luftwaffe start cart.

Matrixone

Fine work Les, glad weather cleared off enough to get some pictures done.

James think you'd have to take a lesson from Dad and break out the drawings and scratch build one of those things.

Thanks Moon Puppy!

The nice weather did not last long and it already clouded up again, lots of rain predicted here for Thursday with showers throughout the weekend. :eek:hmy: Summer does not really begin around here until after mid July and ends in mid September, the weather for the rest of the year is mostly rain or rain showers...very depressing. :(

Matrixone

Beautiful work Les! :ro: Cant wait to see your next Luftwaffe project B)

All the best!
Dusan.

Thanks Dusan!

I hope to be able to show some pics of my two Me 163s...the way it looks now that won't be until sometime next week.

Matrixone

"A new dark age , made more sinister by the light of a perverse science"- and farm tractors! Beautiful, Les- just beautiful! That's the World of Tomorrow- 70 years ago. :drinks

Gmpf Chuck That perverted science really gave us some waaaaaay cool models to build :D

Great job Les - but then yours is always great, beatifull and worth while looking at (y)

Thanks chukw, Dave, and cb1, I appreciate your comments!

I might get up the courage to attempt an armor build...there is an old 1/72 scale Hasegawa Ostwind that was started a while back and lost interest in, I have been giving some thought about finishing it. The biggest hurdle for me is the 'rubber band' type of tank treads, I hate that stuff and this is why I don't build armor models.

Matrixone

Ha you don't get out of doing armor that easy. There is lots of armor that doesn't have tracks. :laugh:

Terry B)

Terry,
As much as I hate the rubber band style tracks I have an interest in ground vehicles and might give them a try, but another problem is I have very few reference books on armor and will more than likely make mistakes that would be quite amusing to those that are experts on armor models! :laugh:

I built a few of the 1/48 scale Tamiya kits of ground vehicles before and thought they were great fun to build and paint but besides those models I am an armor noob. :S

Matrixone

Terry,
As much as I hate the rubber band style tracks I have an interest in ground vehicles and might give them a try, but another problem is I have very few reference books on armor and will more than likely make mistakes that would be quite amusing to those that are experts on armor models! :laugh:

I built a few of the 1/48 scale Tamiya kits of ground vehicles before and thought they were great fun to build and paint but besides those models I am an armor noob. :S

Matrixone

We will be easy on you. Besides everyone is more than ready to help. Just build one out of the box and forget about the detail hounds.

Terry (y)

Terry,

Matrixone

We will be easy on you. Besides everyone is more than ready to help. Just build one out of the box and forget about the detail hounds.

Terry (y)

What Terry said. I've built over 605 armor models in 1/72 scale and in only three cases did I consult reference books or online sites. I know for a fact that a number of my models are completely inaccurate (according to some) but I built them, I did well and I'm pleased with the results. All my 605+ armor models are out of the box, so if I can do it, you can do it.

By the way, that little beastie looks awesome. I picked up one already completely assembled in a box of parts and had no idea what it was until a few months ago. I like what you did with yours; I'm going to copy those pics and use them as a reference for re-painting mine. You did fantastic! At this rate, any armor you do will surpass me in quality in no time!

Thanks Duke!

If I do start to build some armor models they will not be very good but I won't lose any sleep over it. I build mostly Luftwaffe planes and know the subject so well I can spot something wrong with a model at a glance, it will be really strange for me to build a model where I don't know too much about it and...gasp...have to actually read the instructions. :blink

Matrixone

Back