• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

How about "Gate Guardian"

Bumpin this, I thought I had come up with the Gate Guard idea, Martin did. I'd still like to see this, I could do a bird on a pole. I think it should be an actual Gate Guard or Memorial somewhere in the world.

I haven't, a friend on a plumbers discussion page I'm a member of posted it- i thought it was cool. How tall is it Chuck?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsar_Cannon

Now i know the name i can look it up! Thanks.

I don't know the height, except that it was marvelously ginormous. While in Moscow I bought a JSII model kit from an absolutely beautiful young Russian gal at he hobby counter of the equally ginormous G.U.M department store in Moscow. I was 16- and an American- that was the steamiest hobby moment that I've, to this day, ever experienced- grrrrRoawwwrrrr! Oh, you Russian gals!! Still have that most rudimentary kit, too. :)

Very impressive cannon! Just a guess, but between the size of hte people, and the height of the chain & rails around it, I'd guess the cannon balls are probably somewhere around 30"-36" in diameter, and the wheels are probably somewhere around 5'-6' tall, so its a bigun!

I'll have to consider getting in on this one. I've got an F-14 kit that I'd planned on using for a build awhile back, and had decals, but the decals are meant for a different kit, and the fit difference is enough that Im planning on getting the other kit, so I have a partially started F-14, just dont remember how far along I got, I'll have to look at it, before I decide whether to get in on this or not.

*edit* Just looked at the Wikipedia link, I was pretty close, according to the article the barrel is 35" in diameter.

Moved this into "Scheduled Campaigns". We will turn this one loose the first of August and will run until the 31st of December.

Terry B)

I don't know of any subjects that are exotic enough and with a sharkmouth...

P-47FABBolivia.jpg

Regards,

Let's see who still wants to do this one. Ok guys time to sign on if you want this campaign to go active.

Terry

Back