• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

how about a revell p-51d in 1/48 finished

Re: how about a revell p-51d in 1/48 update 10/19

Looking good. Best part of the whole thing is you tried something new and learned something new so win win. (y) (y) (y)
James

many thanks for the kindness.

well the specifics, 1/48 revell/monogram p-51d.

the kit was modified with a scratched interior, details added to the wheel wells, and just a few minor other things. the decals were however a disaster. the larger decals did ok but really had a problem with getting them to snug down. had to in the end try to drybrush around them to get the film to disappear. the smaller decals absolutely disintegrated when i went to apply them. all in all i learned a lot, tried a couple of new things, played a bit, and had some fun with it.

finished-7.jpg

finished-6.jpg

finished-5.jpg

finished-4.jpg

finished-3.jpg

finished-2.jpg

finished-1.jpg

comments and criticism are always encouraged.

joe

Very nice Joe. Excellent choice of paint scheme :cheer: (y)

Cheers, christian B)

many thanks for the kindness.

well the specifics, 1/48 revell/monogram p-51d.

the kit was modified with a scratched interior, details added to the wheel wells, and just a few minor other things. the decals were however a disaster. the larger decals did ok but really had a problem with getting them to snug down. had to in the end try to drybrush around them to get the film to disappear. the smaller decals absolutely disintegrated when i went to apply them. all in all i learned a lot, tried a couple of new things, played a bit, and had some fun with it.

finished-7.jpg

finished-6.jpg

finished-5.jpg

finished-4.jpg

finished-3.jpg

finished-2.jpg

finished-1.jpg

comments and criticism are always encouraged.

joe

Well done Joe, great finish :pilot

Back