• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

how about a revell p-51d in 1/48 finished

Re: how about a revell p-51d in 1/48 update 10/01

Going well. You'll find that when you button it up a lot wont be seen, but the extra work does stand out and I think you'll be even happier with the effort you've put in. Nice work Joe (y) (y) (y)
James

Looking good!!

Terry (y)

Joe,

You seem to be building at a steady pace, and adding old school details (I respect that immensely), and will be done soon. What scheme do you have in mind?

Regards,

Hi Joe,
I like your ''fighting Spirit'' ! good to see you having a red hot go at enjoying your builds, and your scratch work.

If you are looking for material to use, try old computer cables, you can cut an old mouse cable or any computer connection accessory wires, and inside you will find a selection of smaller coloured wires you can strip, usually black red yellow, plus very fine silver wires as well.

HTH,
Cheers,
Phil

saul this will be big beautiful doll.

phil thank you for the kind words. i have several boxes full of wires from speaker wire to solid stuff that is pretty thick. i am going to have to check some of the computer wires i have. i havent seen a fine silver wire.

joe

Joe, it looks awesome! I'm enjoying this thread.

Here's that fine silver wire Joe from an old computer wire connector, has 3 wires black red and yellow, inside there are 10 very fine silver wires, that's alot of spare cable material for you to work with.

Also when you strip the wire covers, they make excellent hose connections for various applications.

DSC_5881a1.jpg

DSC_5884a1.jpg

ok the assembly is somewhat done.

prepaint.

prepaint-1.jpg

prepaint-2.jpg

prepaint-4.jpg

prepaint-3.jpg

and post paint.

post-paint-1.jpg

post-paint-2.jpg

post-paint-3.jpg

post-paint-4.jpg

the paints are model master olive drab, rustolium flat black, gloss black, gloss white, and aluminum, as well as alclad. yet to be painted is some highlights with red (testors). i want to polish up the body a touch when the paint dries.

comments and criticisms are encouraged.

joe

Re: how about a revell p-51d in 1/48 update 10/08

the update.

got some more lines done and got the girl on her own two/three legs.

lines-1.jpg

lines-2.jpg

lines-3.jpg

wheels-and-lines-1.jpg

wheels-and-lines-2.jpg

wheels-and-lines-3.jpg

wheels-and-lines-4.jpg

and she got some markings. please note these are not the greatest and there are a couple of missing details. the decals, well some of them anyway, shattered badly. i did what i could but some could not be salvaged.

decals.jpg

decals-2.jpg

i really like the milliput for the lines. had some difficulty in getting it to conform to where i wanted it but in the end it gives it a fantastic look.

comments and criticism encouraged.

joe

Re: how about a revell p-51d in 1/48 update 10/19

Missed your last update Joe, double treat for me, looking really great :pilot

Re: how about a revell p-51d in 1/48 update 10/19

thank you for the kindness.

in my excitement to use the miliputt and work it for the lines i did screw up though. it has been pointed out that the line will never go through the sissor bracing on the rear of the gear leg. my issue is now that if i try to remove the line i may do more damage to the leg, the miliputt is now hard. i will have to live with it and learn from it.

thank you for the help in pointing that out. i really do appreciate the help.

joe

Back