• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Homeworld Taiidan

Hello Everyone! Thought I should share one of my recent models. I am big fan of the video game Homeworld published in 1999 (has it been 15 years already!?) The game features bright 1970s style Science Fiction ships, and I enjoy modeling them and letting them inspire other creations:

Loosely based on this Taiidan Scout:

Fiirkan_Scout.jpg

13590681613_25d4c29d38_c.jpg

13590687073_e259e7147f_c.jpg

Top view

13590692743_01dae156ce_c.jpg

13590698323_47a3eac1d2_b.jpg

I built it from legos and spare styrene with a little bit of styrene-covered wood for the Canopy.

12413510705_9426ee1f09_c.jpg

Great looking scout. It does have that 70's vibe to it. :good:

Thank you :)

Oh man I love it!

Terry (y)

I appreciate it! Been looking at your work-- I am amazed!

how cool is that! You know what would get me, is making symmetrical parts.

Still working on that myself believe me ;)

...it looks superb...excelent craftsmanship :smack

Luiz

Thank you, Luiz!

That's some good modeling there, love those Chris Foss sci-fi designs B)

Same here, Hope to make more!

Love that Sci Fi book cover feel (y)

Thank you, exactly what I was going for

Very colorful, welcome to the forum! (y) :drinks

Great to be here!

That's actually really cool looking. I would have never thought to use legos in a build like that (y)

I tend to use Legos a lot in my builds. Its helpful for scratch building because they are consistent in size and shape, you can also use them for certain applications that I could never dream of scratching myself. In this build I went "full lego" LOL but I don't usually try to include lego-- but it sort of happens anyway on most of my builds

I am so thankful for the warm reception and comments! I don't like starting multiple threads because I tend to stick to the same niche fields/style (I basically build in 4 genres regardless of scale) So as long as its ok with the forum I will continue to post My other homeworld/sci-fi builds here, both current and in progress. I try not to clutter up forums and I think people like being able to see it all in a longer thread anyway.

Best wishes all, more to come!!

Back