• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobbycraft 1/32 Sea Fury.

Paulw

I am getting to be like T and produce kits at an alarming rate....for me at least.
I started this today and I have some issues and some kudos for this kit. First is the good stuff. This one fits like a glove.
IMG_1219.jpg

both sides fit this tight at the wing root and no steps or gaps so far.

I really like this subject and have been wanting to build one of these for quite a while. but it does have its flaws.
One is the pit is really lacking in detail so Paul Fisher has the solution with the pit kit that I receiver this week in the mail. According to Fished the kit canopy which is a one piece affair needs replacing. OK I'll agree and the pit opening is too small so there is a fix for that.
You have to saw some of the kit away to allow the wind screen to be correct However the instructions to do this is lacking some info as to EXACTLY where you are supposed to cut. This is what I got after following the instructions as best I could.
IMG_1209.jpg

So I fixed some for sale sign plastic to shim it a bit and then Ill have to do some filling and sanding.

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

But it looks not too bad so some filling may just do the trick.
IMG_1215.jpg

Also the wings need some serious detail also, I was going for the wing fold kit but I had to buy an air conditioner this week so that did that in. However, the wheel well is rather deep going aft anf the whole thing cries scratch build.
IMG_1220.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

The only other thing that is rather sad is the real thick panel lines but I can either over come it with some filling(the whole model?) or just ignore it. Easy is best.

More to come later.

After the Tamiya spit that has to be one of the best models ever produced , this is down to earth with a bump :) Great subject so well worth the effort all the same. Looking forward to seeing how it goes . :popcorn

It's look like Hobbycraft / Kitech 1/48 kit ;)

https://www.modelersalliance.com/forum/cold-war-wings/110393-korea-1950-53-sea-fury-fb11-kitech-148

Cool. (y)

Looks like a little work.

Great subject. I started to like these aircraft after I saw one on a flatbed truck in Limon CO. (last landing must have been rough, engine missing, cowl twisted down, tail twisted, and just about every panel on the bottom peeled back at the front edge.)

I swear I didnt do that.
Cool. (y)

Great subject. I started to like these aircraft after I saw one on a flatbed truck in Limon CO. (last landing must have been rough, engine missing, cowl twisted down, tail twisted, and just about every panel on the bottom peeled back at the front edge.)

I swear I didnt do that.
Cool. (y)

I'm still kicking myself for having a camera :sick:

I am just about finished with the pit. a little more sanding on the out sides and then some on the inside of the fuselage and Ill be ready to tackle the wings and things.
IMG_1222.jpg

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1228.jpg

More later.

I thought at first you had the Fisher kit. But to try and whip the Hobbycraft kit into shape is something else. Will really be interested in this build.
James

I thought at first you had the Fisher kit. But to try and whip the Hobbycraft kit into shape is something else. Will really be interested in this build.
James
I only I did James, If only I did. This resin is real soft for the details but the sides are a different animal. I soaked the canopy yesterday and it seemed to respond well to the future, I am not too sure about the win screen though.

Just got caught up on this one. (y) :popcorn , but could you go a little faster. :rotf

Terry B)

Well.Just to show that I haven't forgotten this little beauty. I started laying down the paint tonight. The dark sea grey went down with out a hitch. The pics show it way light but that's to be expected. I then masked it and shot the white when I noticed it started to spatter some so now I have some retouching to do. Thinning out the paint it went better on the other side.
IMG_1455_zps6ed5b042.jpg

IMG_1456_zps9b7ecac0.jpg

IMG_1457_zpsb874559a.jpg

IMG_1462_zps79cfa264.jpg

IMG_1460_zpsfc97a9cd.jpg

Thats it for now more later..

Back