• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobby Craft 1/32 A-36

ErnieS

This will be my entry, provided I can get the accessories I would like to add to it. Again, it has been quite a while since I have built a 1/32 scale kit. I was very fortunate to find this kit a couple of weeks ago as it is my variant of the Mustang family.

Ernie

Now this not something we see built very often - In fact I don't think I've seen one completed yet.

Great choice, Ernie.

Ian

I cant wait. This kit seems to be as rare as hens teeth. Cant even find one on ebay.
JAmes

I cant wait. This kit seems to be as rare as hens teeth. Cant even find one on ebay.
JAmes

I know, I had been looking, then about 3 weeks ago I found a guy selling this one and the PCM Hurricane, the way it worked out I paid full retail for the Hurri and got this one free :good: :good: Looks like a a decent enough kit in the box, but with some aftermarket additions to the cockpit and Barracuda Cast wheels it should be pretty decent.
Ernie

OK I'm going to go ahead and jump on this. The A-36 Apache was also know as the Mustang. It was the RAF Mustang IA if I'm not mistaken.

Slightly different Bob. It also has dive brakes in the wings and I would have to check and see what else.
James

Dive breaks and armement layout, and of course the Alison engine. I thought the Mustang I was the early version and the IA this one.

AFAIK - but I may be wrong :pinch: the RAF called all the 'series' Mustangs. Allison engined (A-36's) were labelled from I to IIa depending upon weapons and/or camera configuration, remember we used them primarily as low level photo-recce platforms.

Merlin Mustangs (P-51's) were III's if they were high back machines regardless of which factory they came from. and IV's - All bubbletops, again regardless of factory.

Ian

Looking forward to what you do with this, I built one for the operation Torch campaign. I wish the Vector cockpit had been available then. Overall it's a nice kit but does have a few dodgy fit issues. If you want to see what I did with mine it can be found here Torch A-36

Looking forward to what you do with this, I built one for the operation Torch campaign. I wish the Vector cockpit had been available then. Overall it's a nice kit but does have a few dodgy fit issues. If you want to see what I did with mine it can be found here Torch A-36

Thanks Old Dog, very nice build! I am waiting to get a Vector cockpit set before I start on this, I am hopeful that this week will be the week I put in the order, seems something always comes up, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
Ernie

Back