• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hobby Boss 1/48 FM-1 Wildcat

Your welcome Terry-- thanks for keeping me on the ball ;)

Kenny-- overnight usually is enough...but we've been in the 90s with high humidity-- so I've been giving it 48 hours...I'm more of a winter kind of guy ;)

Excellent research ... I enjoyed all the reading Mike and for the Goo tip I've been filling those myself ... I'll see about doing this next time ... :woohoo: (y)

Kenny-- overnight usually is enough...but we've been in the 90s with high humidity-- so I've been giving it 48 hours...I'm more of a winter kind of guy ;)
Yeah, me too. We've had heat indexes pushing 120°. Problem down here is everything dries too fast. :facepalm

Yeah, me too. We've had heat indexes pushing 120°. Problem down here is everything dries too fast. :facepalm

You Beat Texas Kenny ... Mike have you ever tried the Citadel Liquid Green stuff ?? I may give that a shot tonight ... Trying to minimize the sanding ... :hmmm

Kenny...I wish it were so here...could use some dryness...everything is so damp and stays that way :(

Gerry-

I have not...not really any sources for Citadel stuff here except for the comic book & tabletop gaming store- and even that is minimal....

Important to note....and Hobby Boss got it right. Even though the F4F-3's and -4's were colored zinc chromate inside the cockpit area, when Eastern took over production, they used interior green. Which I am very thankful for as I do not have zinc chromate green- but have plenty of interior green LOL

Kenny...I wish it were so here...could use some dryness...everything is so damp and stays that way :(

Gerry-

I have not...not really any sources for Citadel stuff here except for the comic book & tabletop gaming store- and even that is minimal....

That's what I have going ... Gaming & all hobbies ... but just not good enough to make the end of the month ... So I'll be taking a Sabbatical soon to regroup ...
I'll try to get the online shop up so I can keep my suppliers on board ... but the Taxman will miss Me ... :rotf :rotf :rotf I tried the Liquid Green worked good but not in tight spaces ... :salute

Yeah...other than Hobbytown down in Albany, the two locals specialize- one is a train shop/pool store with just Model Master enamels which I don't use- and kits that are marked waaay up...and the other has a R/C racetrack and at least the Acryls....but not much else...I found a good online sci-fi store for my source of Vallejo Model Air which are my favorites now...

Well Like I say the green stuff is like a liquid paint you can use a brush to put it on then is dries like the red spot putty ... without the heat that spot putty has ... I'll get some new pictures on my SBD thread I used some green Stuff on a pin hole ... I can't believe all the Hobby shops are going out ... Oh well Amazon beats Us every time ... when I go online it'll just be a trip to the post office ... and modeling the rest of the Day ... :woohoo: (y) :woohoo:

Nearly all of the interior is done-- using my books to the max! Still have the sidewall panels to do...the Squadron Walkaround book helped me fill in the rear behind the pilot seat...
005~87.jpg

Used tape for the canvas and a spare MaK decal for the oxygen tank

The pilot seat and armor...added a set of belts from Eduard to the seat since this was taken...
006~80.jpg

And thanks to a spare set of panel decals from the AM Vindicator and my Waldron punch set- the instrument panel is done...
007~71.jpg

Once all components are fitted into place, I will add some washes and the side panels and move on to the engine...

Got things pretty much set in the office area...just the side panels and some touch-ups to go...
IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

And the engine is started...
IMG_1319.jpg

Back