• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HK Models B17 Memphis Belle with AC Models aircrew

Thank you for your words.

James
Spot on with your comment.Different trousers,flight jackets and life vest to give the viewer interest in each figure.

Michael

They are definitely a good looking bunch Mike!
thumbsup.gif

Again, thanks guys. I appreciate your words.

Just received some more additions to the B17 inventory.

Whilst sourcing the external etch set from Eduard I came across 1/32nd scale 50 cal links. Wow, they are detailed.
They also release them in 35th scale. There may be another PT boat build coming in the future. :dance

Watching the Memephis belle youtube clip I noticed in the Bombardier's spot with the draped 50 call links out of the 50 cal. If looking from the outside into the nose of the B17 the rounds would be prominent to the viewer.

Could not help myself , had to get them. :good:

Here are the acquisitions.

sUfDOmT.jpg

y5OjZgz.jpg

Michael

Thanks Bob,

Here is the completed aircrew.
They will sit on the resin base for the time being till the larger plane base is completed.

7wF2z2P.jpg

dMGonqi.jpg

Michael

Thank you Everyone.

Your words are inspiring to move forward,onward and upwards. :snoopy

Now there may be a small break in this thread as the attention is turning to the Famo and trailer. So close to completion I really need to close this chapter off.

Michael

Hello again,

Small steps, the interior fuselage has all the circular sink marks removed.

There have been numerous build interior shots on the internet where the sink marks have not been removed from the inside of the fuselage of the B17'S and they stand out like dogs balls. :blink

Basic model building skills, remove sink marks.Maybe it's the Old school modeller coming out in me and if I'm displaying interior build photo's of the fuselage then the sink marks go. :good:

QSS8UW1.jpg

Michael :cheer:

Wow, that was a lot of sink marks. How did you get them all smooth after filling them without ruining the ribbing?

Nice work Mike.
Interesting that the spine is sectioned like this, wonder if they will offer earlier versions? But then they would not have included the massive stab.

Back