• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Paint

Update
I completed the spraying with Mig acrylics, left it a week to dry then applied a Mig enamel panel line wash..............which stripped the Mig acrylic.
The immediate thought is to give up :) however as i was going for a well weathered look i am going to try and save this with a water colour wash with artists paints.

Bit late bob as i have already started to blend the damage but you can see on this fin the mig grey round the outside and the White primer in the middle where i applied the wash, note also the PE back to brass.

DSC_4588.JPG

I just read their site,Hataka says that they are acrylic ???
Are they like Tamiya and Ak-Real in that they can be thinned with lacquer thinner also?

The advantage of solvent acrylics i think is they dry quickly simply because isopropanol evaporates quicker than water. The Mig coats i just applied took a good week to dry, Tamiya is pretty much done after 24 hours and if you then use an enamel wash its stable. .

Back