• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello to all

HA! Looking forward to meeting up with you soon Jon.
Bruce and Eric and I are in Greenwood (you gotta come here on purpose) and Mike and Chris are up in Boiling Springs NC.

When the shows start up again i'm sure we'll be meeting up.

Is that little short line still running, Pickens Railroad or has CSX Swallowed it up yet?

Let's see some of your models man! :popcorn

Welcome to the Alliance Jon!
Looking forward to see your build and meeting up with you, once all this nonsense blows over.

Welcome! Rail yards are excellent places for examples of weathering and breakdown. Hint...

Regards,

Welcome! Rail yards are excellent places for examples of weathering and breakdown. Hint...

Regards,
I will take some pictures. Sometimes they get sort of nasty.....
20200614_131833_HDR.jpg
20200609_161001_HDR.jpg
20200803_183528_HDR.jpg

Welcome!! Wow!! You get to play with the big boy toys. I was wondering, why Japanese aircraft and Russian armor? I do like the Japanese aircraft also and some Russian armor. Would love to see your work. Gary S. XLV MMXX

Welcome!! Wow!! You get to play with the big boy toys. I was wondering, why Japanese aircraft and Russian armor? I do like the Japanese aircraft also and some Russian armor. Would love to see your work. Gary S. XLV MMXX
I don't really know why I am attracted to Japanese aircraft. I guess it is the mystique of them. As for Soviet armor; as a kid I loved WW2. One year the family got a VCR. With that contraption I got a tape "Why we Fight" and on the film was a scene of red army infantry charging across a snow covered field with T34s... I was hooked$

With that contraption I got a tape "Why we Fight" and on the film was a scene of red army infantry charging across a snow covered field with T34s... I was hooked$
It might have been that series, can't recall now but what got me was hearing about Russian tanks rolling off the assembly line right into combat. Trying to relate to it I thought about how that could have happened in Detroit or Chicago.

It might have been that series, can't recall now but what got me was hearing about Russian tanks rolling off the assembly line right into combat. Trying to relate to it I thought about how that could have happened in Detroit or Chicago.
That was the STZ Stalingrad tractor plant. Those are distinctive looking machines!

Back