• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa F-4E in IDF 1/48

Looking very good, Ant. Have you decided which paints you'll be using for this one ?

Ian.

Thank you gents.

Looking very good, Ant. Have you decided which paints you'll be using for this one ?

Ian.

Ian, I mainly use Tamiya Acrylics and sometimes Vallejo and if I cant see any other way to mix a colour I will use Humbrol.

In this case I was lucky enough to mix my own FS colours with my Tamiya Acrylics based on some internet research and articles.

I havent done an IDF plane yet so I dont know how close these colours will be.

From my research a lot of modelers use Humbrol 119,120,121 and 28.

Hope this answers your question.

Good day gents.

Happy New Year to all. Hope everyone had a great festive season.

I was finally able to get some bench time in after all the festive cheer.

Here is my updates.

Sprayed the underside with some Vallejo RLM76 which I think is a good enough match.

h79c9562.jpg

Mask the area off.

hf9a213f.jpg

Then I did some preshading.

hee37c09.jpg

First cote of the IDF Tan and mask off.

hf5c9180.jpg

More to follow soon. Hope you guys enjoy.

Good day gents.

Apologies for the long break between posts. Life has been busy and then I also had to prepare for our club's annual MOY.

So I finally got some bench time in after all that. Managed to finish spraying the camo colours that I mixed from Tamiya Acrylics. Took all the masking off. The camo isnt 100% but for me I'm happy with it. Gave it a good soak of Future to prepare for the decals. Then the decals decided to mutiny against me and break up.

So this is where I'm at the moment. SA Dave have graciously offered me a spare set of decals with I should have by the next meeting. So Hopefully this will be finished soon.

Anyway, here is some pics. Hope you guys enjoy.
h6cf24e6.JPG

h8e55611.JPG

hec37bc4.JPG

Back