• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 F4U-5N Corsair

Thanks guys!
Nice looking cockpit. Really like the wireing on the engine. Is that wire? It looks round yet I saw Eduards loom there and it would be flat.
James
Yeah it's the Eduard PE - I give it a couple of coats of unthinned Humbrol enamel to build it up and make it look more 3D.

Thats not a gundam? Nice build so far Dave. I really like all those things you did to the kit oh and the goats also. :D

Nice work so far Chef (y) but jeez it's been two weeks and it ain't done yet, you must be slipping ! :evil:

Off indeed, I've been busy murdering pop songs and the goats do get feisty when I put my mask on...
Anyway some more progress here -
P1060758.jpg

P1060759.jpg

P1060760.jpg

P1060761.jpg

P1060763.jpg

Hard to believe that's the kit engine.

(y)

Hi Dave... Any chance I can send you all my radial engines to wire and paint ??... Excellent work as ever, friend.

Ian

Thanks very much guys! Well I have been working on this albeit a bit on the slow side but I'm getting near the end now -
P1060889.jpg

The decals have silvered here and there but I'll try to hide it with some weathering :laugh:

Tamiya flat black with gone over once or twice with a couple of drops of white to vary the shade. Oh I have finished it btw -
P1060970.jpg

P1060972.jpg

P1060973.jpg

P1060974.jpg

P1060975.jpg

P1060976.jpg

P1060977.jpg

P1060978.jpg

Got bloody silvering/crappy decals again. Most of my issues with decals of late have been that I ran out of the old Future/Klear a couple of months ago and have been trying to find a decent replacement. The new brand in the UK of what used to be Future is now a milky white as you may know. Fine for coating the model but makes the decals curl up if you apply it when putting the decals on (at least it does that to Hasegawa decals).
I'm experimenting with a few different brands now - doesn't help that all decals are not made the same.

Missed your finished pics Dave, nice man! (y) (y)

That's a real bitch with the silvering, you need a nice USA bottle as I can say it is great for decals.

Back