• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Harrier GR7 RAF

paddy

Some time ago i placed a pre order for the tiger hobbies re box of the old Hasgawa Harrier

48019-1-48-bae-harrier-gr7-9-3-markings-for-uk-harriers-aircraft-model-kit-p20675-82119_medium.jpg

I gather it was to be marketed as a hobby 2000 kit as above?
anyway the supplier took my money, delivery was expected 2nd quarter 2022 and there seems to be no info on what has happened other than "due soon" which has been the case for over a year.

anyone got any updates or heard anything ?

There seems to be an increasing trend now for people to sell stuff thy dont have and have no idea if they will ever have.

Oof. Hopefully it shows up soon. That's a pretty cool little kit. I've got a couple of the Eduard boxings that I got on sale.

I'm usually pretty hesitant on doing pre-orders, and have only done a couple so far. A couple did take quite a while to actually release, but in the case of the AMK F-14 my vendor (Victory Models) didn't take any money until they had the kits in hand ready to ship so I wasn't particularly worried. The JetMads release got delayed a few months due to Covid issues, but they were open in communication about the delays and where they were in the manufacturing process.

Yea i missed the eduard release with all the extras a few years back. Most of the after market CMK, Aires, Black dog resin is all made for the Hasegawa version so if you want to upgrade you a bit limited.

I thought preorders you just put a couple of bucks down. Hope you get it resolved Paddy.
I did a preorder on something a while back, forgot what it was and forgot about it. Was pleasantly surprised when it showed up.

The power of modelers alliance !! half hour after i posted this thread i had a message from the supplier saying coming "very" soon :)

On the Border Models 1/32 Lancaster kit, Andy's Hobbies had a preorder of $50 down to get on the list. He was also pretty vocal about where things were with the kit so had and have no problems with doing pre-orders with him. I have also had good luck with Free Time on pre-orders.

Back