• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Halls Bulldog

No kids around this house so no legos to steal. How weird would it be to hit up one of my work buddies. :rotf

Naah you don't need to do that just go get a basic set and have fun Bob. I bought one of the architect sets and even broke down and built it. :woohoo:

WOW!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07mjJ0PGdGo

Watch how hard it lands, gotta wonder if the real thing was that much trouble to get on the ground, no flaps.

Pretty nifty there Pup. (y)

So is this what is expected of my GeeBee I just got. Putty, sand and repeat. :sick:

Yep, I'm still in that mode and I haven't even got the wings on yet. Figure get this part done where I can get in on the wing roots and other areas before getting the wing joint and struts in place. Part alignment is not too good on this, seems to be more of a suggestion that a mating point.

Yep, I'm still in that mode and I haven't even got the wings on yet. Figure get this part done where I can get in on the wing roots and other areas before getting the wing joint and struts in place. Part alignment is not too good on this, seems to be more of a suggestion that a mating point.

:blink :huh: :frantic You'll getthe upper hand eventually Bob.... Sand & repeat..... :drinks

Not a lot of the racers had them, if any, reduction in weight I guess. I think flaps were really a rare item in early birds, I can't find a clear answer on who did it first. Hadley Page seems to come up more than anyone, Fokker also.

Slipped down to the garage, literally, raining again. Good day for modeling though. :dance

h5b48e8f.jpg

Looks like an iconic pose here doesn't it?

h51d7c43.jpg

She's pretty stout right now, feels solid, should be with all that putty all over the place! :rotf

More sanding, priming, filling, sanding in store. Wing roots look to be the most trouble spot at this point.

Had counseling session with the Boiling Springs team yesterday, trying to figure out how to approach the painting. With these struts in place I think the best thing I can do right now is attempt the decals. So I'll prime it with Tamiya Grey and paint red. Then hope the decals are good enough to make use of.

Very nice! Glad to see you got the assembly finished, looking forward to that spiffy paint. (y) :drinks

Back