• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gulf War Bradley

Something I did with my Stug last year Bob was to mix a real light grey Vallejo with water 10 - 15 to 1 ratio. Then sprayed it on with airbrush until I got the desired lightness. It being so thin that it took a lot to do much so there wasn't much danger of overdoing it. To make it dry I would just use the airbrush air to dry the water. Took a whole lot of little bit, but I was quite happy with how it worked.

Also since it sprays on rather wet it tends to blend well. If you spray too much and get a run, just wipe it off quick. Helps to get that sun bleached upper surface look in an easy way.

You could use a real light sand color or add white, but the trick ended up being spraying it real thinned out and use water which dries slower. That could also blend some of the dark stuff on the top sides a little so it doesn't seem so stark.

Also can use a tan thinned a lot for dust. Once done, clear coat it and it all blends even more.

Lighter color and also darker on some of the panels for variation.
h35ad330.jpg

haa95dd5.jpg

h8356cfd.jpg

h7eb8fd2.jpg

What's next folks? :soldier

Pictures are awful. I'll check the lens on my phone, or drag out the old tired Fuji Finepic for the next rounds. Thanks guys. This is close to being finished, long time since I finished one for sure.

that came out excellent!
Now on to that M2A0! LOL

It's on the bench right now. Started with the Friul tracks, tracks again... :bang head Just trying to find the right length on the pins as Friul gave some nice bolt heads to cover the ends.

Outstanding job MP. Slap some decals on her, seal it with flat and call it done. :good:

Tim

Decals are on it, not many of them though. I'm waiting for Dr John and see what his next suggestion is before calling it done. I think I probably would have called it a while back. :rotf

I like the lighter color, take some more of the white any yellow mix and work it like a thin massage oil onto the darker panels. Not 100% opacity here, more like 10-15%.

Bob, I've been following along on this and I'm quite stunned at how this went together. Every time I think you are done, you improve it that much more. This is what separates the masters from guys like me. Keep going man, I'm watching this one closely.

Back