• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GROUP BUILD "OPERATION OVERLORD" H-HOUR

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
Ok boys and girls it's time to man the guns, load the gliders, warm up the landing craft, pack the parachutes and get in your bunkers because the NORMANDY Group Build will start in just 27 days. See the NORMANDY guidelines for rules of the game. Come up with a cool project and PM me and I will sign you up. REMEMBER NO STARTING EARLY!!!! NO OLD STARTED BUT UNFINISHED KITS!!! When the group build starts remember your first post MUST...MUST contain a news paper with the date clearly shown, a picture of the unbuilt kit and items you intend to use for your project.

Ok folks lets get busy and come up with some really neat project ideas.

Terry B)

Re: GROUP BUILD "NORMANDY" H-HOUR 27 DAYS

i second what terry wrote! every single word!

we tried to keep the rules simple, so please do not cause anybody of us extra work with rule bending!

have fun whoever wants to take part!

H-Hour or D-Day?

The terms are interchangable. They each stand for the same thing. The hour and day that operations begin. I guess proper usage would be D-27 or 27 days to D-day so H-hour should be H-648 or 648 hours until H-hour.

Terry :pinch:

H-Hour or D-Day?

The terms are interchangable. They each stand for the same thing. The hour and day that operations begin. I guess proper usage would be D-27 or 27 days to D-day so H-hour should be H-648 or 648 hours until H-hour.

Terry :pinch:

Hi there.

I was taught that D-day was a day of an attack and that H-hour was the time the attack started on D-day.

Cheers from Peter

I'm in, but I keep waffling on my project. Definitely German. :D

LAURA,

Can I have ONE Model going simultaneously in 2 different G.B.'s ?

ERIK

Re: GROUP BUILD "NORMANDY" H-HOUR 25 DAYS

in 28 days we have a kickoff day and you may hit the beaches after the new schedule!

sharpen the xacto, restock with glue, check your paints and don't drool too much into the kitboxes!

Got my project ready to go.

Terry B)

Guess I'm in this one too: Dragon, 1/35 Pz Kpfw IV Ausf F2(G)
101.gif
- probably one of the most built WW II models of all times! :laugh: I'm pretty sure some of these interesting machines were seen at the Normandy scene... ;)

Following closely the countdown and a bit worried that sometime this year I'll have three projects on my bench at the same time, being a newb to plastic modeling! :unsure:

Cheers! B)
Fernao

fernao - no need to worry ... that kit falls together and will build like a breeze! i built it and can tell you that you will be enthusiastic about the quality!

Thanx for the incentive Laura: Gawd knows I need some! :unsure:

The good thing about gettin' involved in two GBs, and still build a third model on the side, is that I'll have two tutors, one for each Group Build I entered.
emoticon_nod.gif
No, I will not disclose their identity for now, the thought behind this being that if I manage to get things done adequately I will tell you their names, but if I screw things up, I don't want them to "go down" with me. :laugh: ;)

I know it's still a bit early, but... where is everybody?!? Where is the entry list? I mean, is there one up yet?
emoticon_noidea.gif
Guess my anxiety is showing...
emoticon_naoseinao.gif

Cheers! B)
Fernao

Might be good to have a tank to work on when I am feeling overwhelmed with the Lanc build..if you'll have me, I am in with Tamiya's quarter scale Cromwell Mk IV...

I've decided, Tiger I, no, no, PzIV, no, King Tiger, no wait, Tiger I. Is it February yet??

Back