• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gotha GO 242/244

Hi all, thanks for all the support . :) Here's a few mug shots to say I'm done with this one .

To be perfectly honest, I have a load of junk to place inside but that will have to be some other time :gogo

GO_paint_11_002a.jpg

GO_paint_11_003a.jpg

GO_paint_11_004a.jpg

GO_paint_11_006a.jpg

GO_paint_11_007a.jpg

GO_paint9_010a.jpg

GO_paint_11_008a.jpg

OK, I would like an opinion from those that know what exhaust pipes look like when they are used . Not the museum variety . Does this one look more believable or not ? :idonno

GO_paint_11_009a.jpg

Well, that all folks . Hope you like it . I had fun building this one and it gives me hope for all those old DO 217,s and other waiting some glue :pilot

Cheers, Christian B)

Well done Chris :notworthy

I think the Stack is fine, looks slightly rusted and used.

Is that thing big enough for a Kubelwagen to fit in?

Well done Chris :notworthy

I think the Stack is fine, looks slightly rusted and used.

Is that thing big enough for a Kubelwagen to fit in?

Thanks for the Inputs on the exhaust . That was more or less accidental to the process of making them but I thought it looked a lot like the real item which is very tricky to duplicate . :blink

Yes Bob the Kubelwagen will fit in but it's difficult to view much of the cargo space.

GO_load_001a.jpg

These are the items under consideration .

Cheers, Christian B)

Beautiful, Christian! A wonderful build of a really interesting plane. Excellent mug shots- cheers!

Looks good Chris. Exhaust looks good to me. Would probably go with fuel over the pak as it was a bit small and way underclassed for Kursk period.
James

I'm certainly impressed and amazed at how well that went together. You did excellent! I want one now! LOL! I also think you nailed the exhaust spot-on. Nice job! I'm looking forward to seeing it being unloaded.

Many thanks to Bob , Terry , Chuck , James , Tony and the Mark :D

Tony, I guess the exterminator must have done good with the nits :)

James, I had no idea about the Pak being outclassed in those day ( says the airplane guy ) I was only hopping it would fit and I would not have to purchase anything else.

Mark, be sure to buy two in order to build one :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

I just saw the fuel cans and jerry cans and thought those would be more appropos. I could be wrong about the gun, but my refs are at home. I'll look tonight if you like.
James

This is probably the first one of these I've ever seen built up and you did a terrific job on it (y) (y)

Thanks Adam, OD , Randy . You're right , this one is very much off the radar screen . Glad it's finally built .

When Iron Mike first told me about Kursk, I was cutting the sprues on a Blohm & Voss BV 141 . Another seldom built bird , but it just did not fit in the campaign . :(

bv138jv_5.jpg

( Picture borrowed from ARC ) It'll have to be some other time now.

Cheers, Christian B)

I'm not sure, but I believe we have a floating things campaign starting up soon. Either that or I'm mixing up my Forums here. That Blohm und Voss would fit in well in that one if it's actually here.

Oh, and buy two for one. Noted.

I have to agree with Gary and the others, great job on a very unusual aircraft. You did this kit a world of justice!

:drinks

Back