• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gotha GO 242/244

phantom II

Master at Arms
Well, here we are on the way to Kusk It will not be fast by Gotha . This kit has the option of building the glider version GO 242 or after the Luftwaffe acquired some French engines the GO 244. :hmmm

Far as I know, it will be the latter unless it becomes a real pain

I'll be glad to get this thing out of the closet. Been here very long :cheer:

Gotha_GO_242__244_001a.jpg

Gotha_GO_242__244_002a.jpg

I don't expect this to be a speed breaker. The real thing was not very fast and after all it's a very old Italeri kit. None the less we'll try to have fun with it.

Cheers, Christian B)

:popcorn

Don't let Saul influence you on what scheme to do.

:rotf :rotf :rotf Not to worry about the influence Bob . You know I don't get swayed easily . I have so few pictures of this airplane I'm not sure how I want to finish it.

If anyone has any pictures I would be happy to take a look but I'm hopping this will be straight forward >

I might just use the teeth out of spite. :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

That would be a very BIG smile though :geek

Hmmmm :S Don't know Dave. Probably a smirk . After all ( [strike]stolen[/strike] ) Hhhmmm, acquired and underpowered French engines to make your German glider fly . :hmmm

Not sure it's a reason to smile about.

Anyhow today's progress . Fitting, sanding of raised lines and flash. Filling sink holes and scribing panels.

Big booger ! Actually a pretty good kit for it's age . Parts fit quite well so far.

GO_244_progressa.jpg

Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions are welcomed. Pictures of real one would even be better :)

Cheers, Christian B)

Like my old wood shop teacher used to say "Much more sanding". :laugh: (y) :drinks

I see some sanding and filling in your future :popcorn

Considering this thing had plywood and canvas in it I sort of expect some sanding and putty :blush:

On the other hand it is no worse than some of the newer more pricey models that have gone through here the last few years . Much to my surprise . . . :coolio

Cheers, Christian B)

Over the weekend, I spent sometime trying to make the many ejector pin mark disappear with Mr. surfacer and sandpaper but I wasted a lot of time with few positive result.

GO_interior_002a.jpg

So last night I decided to chisel the interior frames, filling and sanding and making anew frame for it.

GO_interior_003a.jpg

Here are the tail end halves and this literally took no more than a few minutes time.

On to the fuselage !

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

Oooohh , very cool Dave thank you. Another one of our members has sent me some pictures as well.

Thanks to all (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Over the weekend, I spent sometime trying to make the many ejector pin mark disappear with Mr. surfacer and sandpaper but I wasted a lot of time with few positive result.

GO_interior_002a.jpg

So last night I decided to chisel the interior frames, filling and sanding and making anew frame for it.

GO_interior_003a.jpg

Here are the tail end halves and this literally took no more than a few minutes time.

On to the fuselage !

Thanks for looking . Cheers, Christian B)

That's a great job on the frame work Christian!

And so, the battle with the spaghetti bits comes to an end.

GO_244_trial_002a.jpg

I know this frame is not correct , but not having a diagram I mimicked the kit pattern . At least it looks busy.

I decided to make a ceiling piece so that the fuselage seam could be hidden.

GO_244_trial_003a.jpg

All in all, it wound up being tedious :S

GO_244_progress_005a.jpg

Finally, I mixed up some RLM 02 and sprayed on a coat . :)

Thanks for looking

Cheers, Christian B)

Looks good Chris!

And seeing you make that frame work has made me think about doing that same thing w/ a build I'm working on that had almost impossible to reach punch marks that are inside framework like that. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to clean it up and it never occurred to me to go that route.

Looks good Chris!

And seeing you make that frame work has made me think about doing that same thing w/ a build I'm working on that had almost impossible to reach punch marks that are inside framework like that. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to clean it up and it never occurred to me to go that route.

Thanks, Bob and Adam . Turned out to be way more work than originally planed but when was the last time I didn't chase a rabbit ? :soldier

Well, Adam I had no idea last week either. Got to tell you though it's not a short cut by any means .

Thanks for the kind comments .

Cheers, Christian B)

Back