• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Goodbye Guusje

When theres a big sad smiley beside a post that starts with goodby it's never good. So sorry for your loss Ron.

Tim

Sorry to hear about your loss Ron :( Looking at the picture of Guusje, he had 18 great years. Please sent my condolances to your wife to.

Rust zacht Guusje...........

Ron, I'm sorry to hear about your pet . They really do become part of the family and usually depart too soon .

Christian :(

Ron, So sorry to hear this. Condolances to you and your wife. It's tough getting through these things and like the others
have said they aren't just pets, they are family.

Mike :(

I want to thank all of you...it means a lot to us,especially Anja, to get condolances from all over the world.

From the bottom of my heart:THANK YOU VERY MUCH, MEMBERS OF MODELERS ALLIANCE!

Greetings,Ron.

Hey Ron , I love ya , ......... course in a manly hanging out in a bar kinda way ........

You do know the next step after awhile is , ............... a kitten .

When my wife and I had to put my Yellow Lab Cheyenne down 2 years or so ago , ............ we swore off getting another dog , ........ to sad to loose them , ........ that lasted about a week or two , ....... then we got a choc Lab puppy and about 8 - 9 months later we got a German Shepard pup , ........ yeah we're gluttons for punishment !!!

Sad to hear about your cat. Had to do exactly the same this summer. Still misses my cat Bisse, who also was 18.
Lets hope they both have found the door into summer.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

My condolences Ron. My family has had several cats over the years, and we've had to make that decision several times, and its never easy but you always know its the right decision.

Gator, thanks for posting that. I remember finding that poem after we had to have the cat that was closest to me put to sleep, and ever since, I always get choked up a little bit when I read it. Its such a beautiful poem.

You do know the next step after awhile is , ............... a kitten .

Ha,...what about that,coming friday we get 2 new cats!
A momma cat from 1,5 year and her daughter from 6 months. :)

I am more like a dog lover myself,...had 3 dogs over the years gone,but I am missing little Guusje for sure.

Greetings,Ron.

Ron, I know how you feel and I offer my condolences as well. I have a cat now; she gave us a scare recently, but she is recovering nicely.

You did well with yours. She lived a great life.

Back