• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Go big or go home. Academy 1/48 CH-53E

Paulw

I haven't done any campaigns in a while because I know that I probably not complete anything. I have done some extensive review reading of this kit and I think I can tackle it and maybe finish it in time. Several of the builds that I have started have failed in one way or another, I guess mostly by my hand but this I am hoping will be different. It will be out of the box with kit decals. I plan to show it with the rotors deployed. Lets see how it comes out.

h1f445d1.JPG

h552acf8.JPG

ha47347c.JPG

A very nice kit, but definitely a beast when built. I've got one that's been in progress for 8 years, that I decided to go hog wild on the detail.

I've seen several of these bad boys, most impressive one was at the Fayetteville show where a guy who know them inside out built one.

Looking forward to this Paul. :popcorn

It's a great kit. I built one several yr. ago. You'll need to put your "big boy pants" for this one though. Gary

Well, this build didn't go far. In the first steps of the build I found this one small part that the whole build" rotates " on telling me " You cant get there from here ". This bums me out because I really don't want to wait forever to see if I can get a new sprue just to replace this short shot part. and I don't have the skill to re-manufacture a new part.

h81d2521.JPG

and quite a few sub assemblies rely on this part.

h2d799da.JPG

So I guess I will search for another kit to replace this.

cast it in resin. You can make a clay mold. You only need one.

:zen

cast it in resin. You can make a clay mold. You only need one.

:zen

Each one of these has a different pitch in correspondence to its location on the rotor head. That would be another bag of worms. :(

Im going back to my P-47 :snoopy :snoopy :snoopy

I decided to give repair a shot and see what I can do with some plastic card and Bondic.

This kit isn't gonna happen, I'm sorry to say. I have more short shot parts that go to the rotor head and rotor assembly. I may try to find another kit and use this one for spares.

Back