• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gate Guard Freedom Fighter

Man what fun!

Got ModelMasters colors, strictly enamels and didn't have to worry about tip drying out and sputtering

Navy Agressor Grey FS36251, Light Sea Grey FS36307 and Medium Grey FS35237

f517.jpg

By the numbers.

f516.jpg

f518.jpg

f519.jpg

Made a couple of misteps and will have to clean up a spot or two but not bad for first coverage.

James, the ref shots you sent me the mounting was black with some sort of anti rusting stuff around weld joints. Was this some sort of primer for another coat of paint that was coming later?

Looks good. The stick was painted black and after got her back up NDT (Non Destructive Testing) came and did a liquid penetrant test. So they mucked up the new paint job and then after sprayed on some rattle can grey paint.

(y) You mean that you actually gonna finnish it!? :D

Looking great Bob! and you deserve the badge for it to :good:

//Mats

Hey Bob, that's looking good ! :woohoo: What thinner did you use with the MM enamels ?

Landing gear looks perfect :rotf :rotf :rotf

Cheers, Christian B)

Very close, boss... come-on "get it sorted !!" - No pressure you understand :fencing

Ian

Wish to ask for forgiveness from our CFB Cold Lake brothers. I really wanted to do the correct A/C number on this but didn't have the decals for it. I thought I read that multiple S/N could be done but that only applied to the USAF birds.

Oddly enough A/C 736 was included in the decals but in the wrong colors, guessing the A/C was at another museum before being stuck up on the pole there and giving the low visibility paint scheme.

Here we go.

f520.jpg

f521.jpg

f522.jpg

f523.jpg

f524.jpg

f525.jpg

Now I gotta figure out how to make that base look like a concrete pad with some grass around it some.

Looks great Bob (y)

Try with some drywallfiller spread out over the base, and then sand it smooth and colour in some nice colour :)

//Mats

Think that would work Mats, thanks! What should I use to demark between the ground work and the base? Maybe some styrene stock?

That looks friggin awesome Bob. :dude You could use plaster with some white glue or latex to keep it from cracking. I think its a no brainer for you there.

Actually not a no brainer for me. The ground work I did for the Korean Sherman has pulled up from the base, don't know what I've done to make you think I know what i'm doing but thanks Paul (y)

Back