• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gate Guard Freedom Fighter

Well hang tough Mike, not going to pull the rug out from under ya.

I got around to making my mind up about how this is going to work.

f510.jpg

f511.jpg

It cleaned up nicely with some steel wool. I'll cut down the brass base a good bit and build up a concrete base, perhaps a little greenery or something.

No worries...added some more Mr. Surfacer to my base to cover up the styrofoam-ness of it ;) Couple more coats and we are golden!

Looking great Bob!
I'm about to prime my t-34 to now :) looking forward to start on the base, static grass and a little piece of sidewalk.
Let's get these donne!
//Mats

Just noticed, not doing the sheath around the 2 pegs?
James

Nope, can't find a piece of brass tube the right size and closing it would have been a pain. I know it sounds simple to measure and cut a cone but, it's far more simpler leaving it off all together. :good:

The Mr. Surfacer keeps on getting soaked up and leaving some impression of the styrofoam-- but I am close! Don't give up on me yet Bob ;)

Mike don't use Mr. Surfacer on Styrofoam, the lacquer base stuff will eat it as you know. Use an acrylic.

f514.jpg

I know it looks the same but it's not. Cleaned up a lot of seams/panel lines. Nice thing about this kit is most of the seams follow the panels. Got primer on and found some more spots that need attention. Since it's sticking up for inspection from all angles I need to make sure I get all angles. or make sure to take pictures from the right angles...

Back