• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gate Guard Freedom Fighter

moon puppy

Administrator
Staff member
DSCF0794.jpg

DSCF0795.jpg

this kit is already scaring me. I don't see any like fuselage halves... :blink

This is what i'm going for.

There you go Bob.

cf-116_freedom_fighter_09_of_72.jpg

CF-5A%20Cold%20Lake%20001.JPG

From Prime Portal as I dont seem to have any pics on my computer.
James

I may take one creative license. I may tint the windscreen and canopy instead of doing a lot in the cockpit. This doesn't come with a pilot and I doubt I have one that would fit.

James you're going to help me with these colors aren't ya? Hey, just notice these are not the same aircraft. One is armed with missles and drop tanks, the other is not.

I really like the looks of this kit, would build up nicely in any config. Hope it all fits well.

The one on the bottom is one of the gate guards from Cold Lake. We took her down in 203 or4 stick and all so she could be repainted. She was the lizard scheme. Funny thing is the pilot was wearing a bra. When we put her back up I never thought to look and see if the pilot was still so attired. I can help with paint etc. I will go and get pictures for you. Maybe if I get off work early enough tomorrow I can stop and snap some.
James

Bingo, that's the one I wanna do James. A couple of shots of how the mounts are secured to the ground will be great. I think what I will do is weight the base enough where it sits on the table with the Jet darting out from over it. I like the clean and neat look of the F5, nothing hanging down to slower her any.

I'll start building a CF5 today (y)

I notice this one doesn't have the refueling prob, why is that?

AH I found it at the Prime Portal

http://www.primeportal.net/hangar/luc_colin2/cf-5a_walk.htm

It was that tricky Nato scheme with the fake windscreen/canopy on the underside :rotf

We always wondered if anyone was tricked by that, especially when looking at the B52

We're on the way

I really like this kit. It's no Tamiya for sure but it seems to have a lot of options and the instructions are VERY good. Large pages to see what you're doing. Seams are along panel lines so they are easy to hide.

Here's what I decided to do. I left off the compressor fans inside the intakes and threaded a piece of styrene rod in as a guide. Two brass rods up the afterburners (closed ends was cut off) just like the subject. They go all the way inside to the receiver on the air intake ducts.

f505.jpg

f506.jpg

f507.jpg

f508.jpg

BTW, that's not a seam...it's an expansion joint...no?? Thought I'd give that a try. That bottom panel is just dry fitted at this point.

Now to figure out the brass rods into the base.

You wont need it, but just saw this :evil:

www.hyperscale.com/2013/reviews/accessories/kinetick5016reviewbg_1.htm
James

You wont need it, but just saw this :evil:

www.hyperscale.com/2013/reviews/accessories/kinetick5016reviewbg_1.htm
James

That would be a nice addition to the kit but I wonder if it's needed at all. The detail inside is very nice and should be able to be painted up. Add some dial face decals.

Well I got my base figured out. Going to solder the rod to the brass plate just for support then mount that to a wood base. The Brass plate will be camouflaged with a concrete pad.

f509.jpg

Know it don't look like much but exercised some brain cells figuring this out.

hope ya likey...

Looking great Bob!! (y)

Glad to see another gate guardian on the way, it's a little calm here otherwise!

//Mats

Yeah, unless we have some movement we may go ahead and close the Gate Guard down and make room for some of the popular campaigns.

Yeah...me too! Between soccer, Cub Scouts, my wife's PTA
President support group, and school, my model time is shot! But I'm close to being done so keep it going for a bit!

Back