• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

G8N1 Renzan (Shelf Queen)

razordws

I want to get some shelf queens finished up this year so thought I would tackle one before pulling out anything new. Hope this works for the whole Deja Vue thing.

This has been sitting on the shelf for over 5 years. I stopped because I screwed up the nose glazing and at the time didn't know how to fix it given that I CA'd the piece on. Turns out it wasn't that hard to get off. Did a lot of customizing on this with the main change was that I made vac copies of the coke bottle like canopies. I've uploaded the previous photos to the gallery and can be found here.

Here is where it is at.

30Rita.jpg

With the nose piece now off and fixing up the nose gun which was damaged at some point.

31Rita.jpg

She's a big bird.

32Rita.jpg

Nice Dave . I've never seen one of these built up . Is is the ancient Has kit ?

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Finally got back to the bench yesterday and today. Did I mention that my son got married last week. :frantic :frantic :frantic Oiy! Went really well but it took me a week to recover. Not as young as I used to be.

Anyway, got the front canopy back on and had to fix up a few other things as well. Like I said, I set this aside more than five years ago and I've definitely noticed things that I would not let slide nowadays. Guess my modeling skills have gotten a little better over the years. The homemade vacuform canopies did not turn out as well as I had hoped but they will have to do. Perhaps I was a little too ambitious to attempt it but the kit parts were really horrible.

Put a primer coat on it this morning

33Rita.jpg

34Rita.jpg

As I recall the early Has kits were not all that good , but this is the only game in town for this bird .

I recently saw a built up Mavis and the builder claimed it was not all that bad......

Hoping to maybe get it built someday :facepalm

Stay with it Dave :good: Looking forward to more progress .

Cheers, Christian B)

Looking good Dave, are you going to do it in prototype orange or a what if scheme ? I build one of these years ago and still have it in storage as it needs some repair work, maybe someday.

Thanks for all your encouragement guys! :drinks

Christian, like most Hasegawa early kits it really lacks in details but other than the really bad canopies, and I do mean really bad, it builds up well.

Gary, I plan to do the standard ijn grey green scheme.

Thanks for all your encouragement guys! :drinks

Christian, like most Hasegawa early kits it really lacks in details but other than the really bad canopies, and I do mean really bad, it builds up well.

Gary, I plan to do the standard ijn grey green scheme.

Good to know .

The Mavis looked very respectable . I really like the Emily thought but those Dollar sized rivets have put me off for a lot of years.

Cheer's Christian B)

Thanks Warren. :D

Christian, now that you mention it I did sand down the over sized rivets on this one. :pinch:

Couple of update pics. Going out of town for a week but might try to get the future coat on tonight before I leave. :pilot

35Rita.jpg

36Rita.jpg

Yes I know (now) that the wheel wells should probably be aluminum instead of cockpit green but oh well. Get 'er done!

Back