• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

G8N1 Renzan (Shelf Queen)

Very clean looking Dave. (y) That outline is somewhat like a B-17 .

It would be good to have a coat of Future tonight . Give it plenty of time to cure.

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Pup, Tomcat. :drinks

Very clean looking Dave. (y) That outline is somewhat like a B-17 .

That's exactly what I thought when I first put it together. Even took a pic.

24Rita.jpg

Looking great Dave, nice paint job (y) (y) Although certainly not a copy, Douglas' DC-4E was sold to the Imperial Japanese Airways in 1939 after being rejected by US airlines as being too complex and expensive to operate and maintain. I suspect a lot of the design was based on what they learned from it before it crashed in Tokyo Bay. Wiki DC-4E A smaller and less complex model became the DC-4 / C-54

Thanks Gary, interesting article. B)

Anyway, back at this one. Been painting some of the fiddly bits and got the decals on tonight. The code numbers came from the stash. I was hoping to use the supplied decals for the leading edge yellow ID bands but those cracked up really bad when I tried to bend them around the curve of the wing. Old Hasegawa decals tend to do that I find.

37Rita.jpg

Looking great Dave, nice paint job (y) (y) Although certainly not a copy, Douglas' DC-4E was sold to the Imperial Japanese Airways in 1939 after being rejected by US airlines as being too complex and expensive to operate and maintain. I suspect a lot of the design was based on what they learned from it before it crashed in Tokyo Bay. Wiki DC-4E A smaller and less complex model became the DC-4 / C-54

That is interesting Gary, thanks for sharing. Had not heard of this aircraft. Very sleek looking.

Coming along nicely Dave :popcorn

Ha, got'er done!!! Batteries died and only got these few shots. Will have to take some more later. This one has been a struggle and as soon as I finished these photos the nose wheel broke off. :bang head

But hey, it is done. :dance

38Rita.jpg

39Rita.jpg

40Rita.jpg

41Rita.jpg

42Rita.jpg

Good job! glad you got it finish Dave, she looks fine from here. Nose wheel should be easy fix. :pilot

Thanks Luiz! :drinks

Thanks Bob! nose gear fixed and its in the display case out of harms way now. :zen

SOGAI!! (My Nephew says that's japanese for "Great") Very cool. No wing hard-points for Ohka bombs on that version? Very Cool!! :notworthy (y) :ro: :drinks

SOGAI!! (My Nephew says that's japanese for "Great") Very cool. No wing hard-points for Ohka bombs on that version? Very Cool!! :notworthy (y) :ro: :drinks

Thanks, and Nope. But someone (forget who :blush: ) was building the kayaba ram jet and mentioned it had a craddle included that was recommended for this aircraft. Would love to pick one of those up to add to this.

Back