• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

G4M1 Betty, 1/48 Tamiya

Old Dog

This is my choice for this campaign, go big or go home :D

g4m1box.jpg

I'm still in the' work till I drop outdoors' mode and probably will be till the weather goes south so I'll post start up photos when I get closer to starting. I do like the concept of a bar for the ribbon for multiple completions in a campaign. With the longer time frame and numerous possibilities it could happen !

This is my choice for this campaign, go big or go home :D

g4m1box.jpg

I'm still in the' work till I drop outdoors' mode and probably will be till the weather goes south so I'll post start up photos when I get closer to starting. I do like the concept of a bar for the ribbon for multiple completions in a campaign. With the longer time frame and numerous possibilities it could happen !

I totally agree Gary .Looking forward to this one.

Please don't send that nasty weather South :pp

Cheers, Christian B)

I had everything set up for the time stamp on the 290 so I figured I might as well do this one too.

g4m1ts1.jpg

g4m1ts2.jpg

Don't know about that James, with a 20" wingspan and huge fuselage it's hardly small and unlike some of the newer kits that are packed with tiny parts I suspect the smallest parts in this kit aren't any smaller than some in the WNW kits.

Help me, I've started building and can't stop ! I guess I've been building way too many limited run kits lately. I started building this one and realized I haven't had the pleasure of building a Tamiya kit in a long time. I forgot what it was like not to spend long periods of time cleaning away flash then modifying parts to make them fit. This kit just started building itself and I went with it.

Interior detail is a bit light, I used the Eduard Zoom set. One could add a lot if inspired but I wasn't. The smaller windows are a bit thick and not that clear so a lot wouldn't be seen so I let it ride as it is.

g4m1-b01.jpg

g4m1-b02.jpg

g4m1-b03.jpg

Other than paint the only thing I added to the engines was ignition wiring.

g4m1-b04.jpg

Wings, tail and fuselage went together without any issues.

g4m1-b05.jpg

I'm going to wait until the masking is done and clear parts installed before adding the wings and tail parts. The wings fit so well and the way they are made I could leave them off till after painting but I'm not sure yet if I want to try that. Thanks for looking !

Back