• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FW190-A

Got some more color for ya Laura

USFW190024.jpg

USFW190025.jpg

The BMW Logo...
USFW190026.jpg

:pilot

Get the wheels on and gun barrels, some washes and I think I'll call this done.

From the What da !@# is he doing department!?

two day cure of Aqua clear coat.

USFW190027.jpg

gave it a full coat of Migs Dark Wash. Allowed it to dry and
USFW190028.jpg

gloved up and started to clean again. Panel lines highlighted nicely and just enough grim was left to add character to the finish.

USFW190029.jpg

USFW190030.jpg

USFW190031.jpg

USFW190031a.jpg

Not sure what caused this blemish, any ideas?

USFW190032.jpg

To me, the red has toned down nicely, whatcha'll think?

Interesting. Blemish might be your thumb pressing the pigment into the finish more.
James

That is lovely! Are those the P-40F decals there?

Regards,

Yes they are Saul, but you know what, looking at this now, I forgot the two yellow stripes around the tan block on the fuselage. :bang head

The insignias were a little thick.

James, not sure it's thumb print, I got the gloves on before I started messing with it. I guess it was a blemish with the gloss before I got to washing.

That's funny, 'cuz my first thought on the opening picture was WTF?! :laugh: That wash stuff is the bees knees, huh? Looks great, really toned down and blended the colors. What's next?

Seal coat this layer, might do the medium wash just to see what it does, some dusting on the underside because it's working off a grass field and then a dullcoat.

I'm shocked no one has called me on the length of the barrels, I cut brass replacement using the kit part for a guide but obviously it didn't snug up in the gun port correctly, or the kit part was wrong.

I forgot the two yellow stripes around the tan block on the fuselage.

James, not sure it's thumb print, I got the gloves on before I started messing with it.

I still believe it is a thumb print, the lack of ridges indicates a glove in use. You can try buffing it out.

As for the barrels, yes they are ridiculously long but you did not call this one finished, did you? After all, the tail stripes aren't on... the one without tail stripes is brown.

Regards,

No tail stripes and that don't look brown to me....
capturedfw190_red.jpg

I think this was the earliest incarnation of the scheme and that's the one i'm going with.

BTW, have you noticed this picture is reversed?

No tail stripes and that don't look brown to me....
capturedfw190_red.jpg

I think this was the earliest incarnation of the scheme and that's the one i'm going with.

BTW, have you noticed this picture is reversed?

OK, but if you add the tail stripes, you can remove the cannon! Yes, a correctly laid out one was posted a while ago.
;)

Regards,

If I had done the tail stripes I would have had to do the painted over slogan someone did that someone else didn't like. And I would probably still be working on it, as it is, I'm done!

Shot Vallejo matt varnish on this one, had it in stock and wanted to try it, sprayed like a dream.

USFW190033.jpg

USFW190034.jpg

USFW190035.jpg

USFW190036.jpg

USFW190037.jpg

USFW190037_.jpg

Regret that the canopy got a little hazy but if I start scrubbing and sanding up there I'd likely knock some paint off and then I'd be really stoked.

Love this kit, went together really nice with the exception of the spreader bar, little more practice with that and the gun deck would line up just fine. May have to do another one just to do a Luftwaffe scheme.

Chip, it got washed, did you see it a couple of pages back?

Nope, this is it, all done. Fresh out of the paint rack.

Back