• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FW190-A

Knowing my luck, I got the wrong kit for this picture.

capturedfw190_red.jpg

This is the scheme i'm going with, what is this? Red, Tan and Yellow?

Red and Yellow but what is this color around the insignia?

capturedfw190_red.jpg

Red and Yellow but what is this color around the insignia?

Indeed, it is red and yellow. Around the national insignia is a desert tan color.

capturedfw190_red1a_2011-10-03.jpg

By the way, why not a later repaint of the same aircraft?

CapturedPhotoFW190USPaint1.jpg

CapturedPhotoFW190USPaintFlight1.jpg

CapturedPhotoFW190USTail1.jpg

CapturedPhotoFW190USWingedSkullInsignia1.jpg

The rudder stripes are repeating (from the top) red, white, then blue. Like I wrote before, the winged skull insignia is available on one of MicroScale's P-40F sheets.

Regards,

Last scheme used by this Butcherbird, note it is all brown and the tan is no longer evident.

Capturedcolour_captured_fw190_01.jpg

Regards,

CapturedPhotoFW190USWingedSkullInsignia1.jpg

Don't leave out the nice paint detail either. The repainting looks rougher than you first think.That overpaint around the skull is very 'slapped' on and is a different shade as well.

Ian.

Ian you're raising the stakes on me, you want me to replicate the sloppy paint job? hmmm...might give it a shot. got to get the decals to call it finished but i'll have some paint on it maybe today. :mpup

Red Yellow and Tan is what i'm going for.

Wing to fuselage fit can be challenging on Dragon Fw-190, but you did a great job! :ro: :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Now you tell me!!

It was a bit of a challenge Dusan, I had to put a spreader bar in the fuse and then it was not enough, just shy by about 1mm so I used some styrene rod to fill in. It doesn't look bad primed so I"m going with it.

:huh: spreader bar is a good solution, this is a good kit but older technology tool before cad and other fancy stuff :)

Looking forward to paint job! :popcorn

All the best!
Dusan.

Yellow is RLM04, the other yellows I had were like Chrome Yellow for the Wildcat.

USFW190017.jpg

I gave RLM02 a shot but it seemed to pale to me so I fired up Insignia Red.

And away we go!

USFW190018.jpg

USFW190019.jpg

USFW190020.jpg

I'm bad about not having the patience to keep the canopy mask on, I always want to pull it off and see how it turned out.

USFW190021.jpg

You can see some imperfections on the canopy, this is from the Alclad Aqua Klear seeping under the mask. If I hadn't sealed it with some sort of clear coat, that would have been red paint and much harder to remove.

USFW190022.jpg

USFW190023.jpg

Note: I know about the massive step seam...now. Must be from where the spreader bar is too high. Not to worry...you'll never see another picture from that angle. :v

The tan band, I'm thinking Desert Yellow XF-59, Whatcha think?

I ain't scared no messy workbench! :mpup

Are you going to try the striped tail? I am aware that the Kecay book "Captured Butcherbirds" illustrates them alternating, from the top, blue/white/red but comparing the tones of the colors to the red fuselage, white star, and blue circle of the national insignia clearly shows them to be, from the top, red/white/blue.

By the way, Karaya has released a few sheets of schemes based off this book.
a657696205bcec09739029838a9908400ba4b61a.jpg

e29f02d4b9e039be0d83debbc3c56a577977bbae.jpg

Yes, colors are incorrect.

Other sheets:
00998225a9ce20c314ca7d2989f01b5c34b24fe6.jpg

bbcaeb8ca9934042c6c03a38eae52d7c459f7ce9.jpg

96c39c71812e8006a02a031e00f7b940d5cfafeb.jpg

5cc6dc5e493b7ec852858db154be38a71cd05e05.jpg

Regards,

Honestly, that 00L bird in your references was the one I had in mind when we first started talking about this way back when. I've invested too much masking time today to pull a mulligan.

If I do the Red White and Blue, that means I have to do the slop job of where they overpainted that slogan or what ever it was they painted over.

DAMNIT!!! I didn't see he OD one... :bang head

Yes...I think I will do the Red White and Blue tail.

Honestly, that 00L bird in your references was the one I had in mind when we first started talking about this way back when.

Didn't you try the Eduard kit and almost lost it? It is the A-8 kit (also released under the Accurate Miniatures label). Where is the kit?

The OD birds are F and G models. Lots different from the A-5 before you.

Regards,

Pips Priller ride you mean?? yeah it sits on my ever growing shelf queen stack. Has anyone done a review that that kit sucks? The engine was cool but the gun blister stuff on the wings just sucked.

Back