• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

FW 190 A/G Prototype

panzerace007

Hey Guys ,

I'm climbing back into th cockpit for a second here to dabble .....

This is an Egg Plane from Hasagawa FW 190 A ..... While this is a Caricature of a real plane , as all egg planes are, I decided to take it inna different direction ..... A bit of Steam Punkin' going on with this one.

The Plane will be a bit like a Prototype - It will be a wooden bodied plane , Control surfaces will be metal as will the leading edges of the wings.

Now ... no offensive intended to the Hard Core builders. I just wanted to get away form th Armor for a second :good:

I'll be using the Uschi van der Rosten Wood decals for the wood panels & a combination of paint & pigments for the leading edges. window trim, & control surfaces of the plane. The Canopy was shot from the inside with AlClad Chrome - outlining the canopy & window frame, AlClad Magnesium was shot on the rest , getting "Backed" with AlClad Gloss Black. Think of a Chrome/ Magnesium finish, shot in reverse.

hb67cf5a.jpg

This is what I'm using as a guide for the wood paneling. - Taken from Uschi van der Rosten's site - I'm torn between a couple of different sets .... :hmmm

Here's th Progress thus far :pilot

h172f466.jpg

h9753357.jpg

h43671cd.jpg

Th kit goes together fairly well. There was a little bit of filling involved, nothing major. It had raised panel lines, I sanded those down & re-scribed new ones. The only scriber I could put my hands on was the one from Testors. I really don't dig th tip of the scriber, at least for trying , for th 1st. time, to scribe panel lines ! :idonno

hbc6dd96.jpg

h5322789.jpg

Here is the progression of the Canopy. 1st. pic is with the AlClad Chrome - Out lining the canopy & Window frame. The 2nd pic is shot with the AlClad Magnesium . It was "Backed" with AlClad's Gloss Black .

h403e681.JPG

he716ae1.jpg

h8d5e168.jpg

Here are the areas th will get th Wood ! :coolio I shot the surfaces with Tamiya's Wooden Deck Tan, outlined with Tamiya's Desert Tan. Some highlights were added with Tamiya Buff. The Guns were replaced with , in the Cowling, Tamiya 1/35th scale MG 42's , Aluminum Tubing ( .9mm) replaced the Wing mounted guns. The Tubing is from Albion Alloys . Very cool stuff !!

hc38cd6b.JPG

I used 2 1/35th scale MG 42's from Tamiya , also the Canopy is just siting in place for th pic. But you get an idea. I still need to paint on the outside of the Canopy the Window frame - Flat Black & the Engine will get painted up as well !​

Thanx for lookin !! :pilot

:erik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNg4OjWkLns​

Back