• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fun

paddy

Here's a bit of Fun then
Do you have a model that you always wanted and for some reason never got ?
Maybe its too expensive ? out of production or just , you never got round to it ?

For me its always been the Tamiya Lotus 7 or Caterham 7 as they now but it has to be the 1/12 model....
1728943704156.png

When lotus sold off the"7" , Caterham cars up the road from me bought the mark, Caterham is actually a town about 15 miles away. I did actually go and look at them once, they do a finished car or you can buy it in kit form with a variety of specs . Unfortunately i couldn't fit in it even with the top down :) I would guess 5ft 10" and 160lb would be the max so i failed on all counts .
Like a lot of Tamiya stuff its out of production but freely available in Japan. I could afford it but i cant justify it....if that makes sense.

So whats on your bucket list ?

0-60 in 2.8 sec anyone ?

My "Eleanor" model kit is the JoHan 1/72 Curtiss P-40B/C 2-in-1 kit USAAC and AVG markings let you choose your option.
In an early '70's IPMS USA journal The Squadron Shop add. listed this model kit. The JoHan kit never materialized. It was cancelled in 1973.
It is rumored that the 1969 FroG F428 1/72 Curtiss Tomahawk P-40 tooling would be used for the JoHan Kit, which in turn was re-issued by Academy with fresh AVG decals, then by Zvezda in Russian markings.
1728945940152.png

An oddity of this model is that the kit wings have NO dihedral, as if the kit designers mistook the Curtiss Hawk for another version of the Hawker Hurricane.

In spite of irrefutable fact and overwhelming model evidence, the JoHan 1/72 P-40B or C kit continues to be sought undaunted! Going on 50 years now.

I have the other 5 JoHan 1/72 airplane model kits and I need A-106 to complete the priceless collection.
Come Sancho and fetch my armor! The are windmills about!

Here's a bit of Fun then
Do you have a model that you always wanted and for some reason never got ?
Maybe its too expensive ? out of production or just , you never got round to it ?

For me its always been the Tamiya Lotus 7 or Caterham 7 as they now but it has to be the 1/12 model....
View attachment 174528

When lotus sold off the"7" , Caterham cars up the road from me bought the mark, Caterham is actually a town about 15 miles away. I did actually go and look at them once, they do a finished car or you can buy it in kit form with a variety of specs . Unfortunately i couldn't fit in it even with the top down :) I would guess 5ft 10" and 160lb would be the max so i failed on all counts .
Like a lot of Tamiya stuff its out of production but freely available in Japan. I could afford it but i cant justify it....if that makes sense.

So whats on your bucket list ?

0-60 in 2.8 sec anyone ?

The 1/12 Caterham speed-buggy you desire is available from aftermarket model Buccaneers. Holly Molly, she is spendy! I imagine you know this already.

I actually ran across one of my grail kits a few years ago. A friend with a hobby shop found an old wholesaler and bought a bunch of old out of production kits from the place. I ended up with a fair amount of Aurora figure kits, and this one.
This particular kit has a history with me. My dad bought one of these when it was new, brought it home and built the XR6 car. Painted it a metallic green. Later I built the Model T and felt I did a good job on it. My mom and her "Deadly Dustcloth" destroyed many of my models. This was one that when it was done came to me and she did more damage to it than I ever did as a kid.
Finding this was a stroke of luck. The only thing wrong with it was some numb nut assembled the Hot Rod T slicks. As it was all loose in the box I went through everything with the instructions and everything was in the box and other than the slicks was in great shape. I bagged it so it would stay that way.
XR6 and Model T.jpg

I had a 66 Caprice with a 327. It wasn't a slug but I wouldn't really call it fast. Maybe with a 409, if they came with that. It was a nice driving car, much better than the 67.

Really? Someone made a He 115 in 1/32??? :blink

I dunno, the Airfix BV 141 is the kit that started my wheels turning in this hobby. When I was a wee laddy a friend's older brother built this kit and I was completely flabbergasted. That thing couldn't really fly could it? Anyway, I have one in my stash but haven't built it yet. Maybe it is time.

There isn't much that I want that isn't already in my stash. An Me 264 perhaps but after building Special Hobby's Piaggio P.108 (it's still not completely finished) I'm not keen on doing another 4 engined Special Hobby kit.

I have been waiting on someone to do a 1/32 Do17Z. Not sure why no one has as it was one of the main early war aircraft. I know it isn't a problem with the size, though maybe since there is only one in existence and it was dragged off the ocean floor, it might be for lack of reliable info.
Though there are a number of 1/48th scale kits, so there should be enough to do it in 1/32.

@razordws There are TWO different 1/48th scale kits of the BV141B on the market, or at least there used to be. I have one in my stash. The other is newer and might still be available.

Having watched the superb series on UK TV that followed Airfix over several months i suspect that Paul is right. The modern way of producing a new model is with had held scanners and for that you need a good example to scan ( and permission) or you need subjects like the star ship enterprise where rivet counters cant prove you wrong in your offerings.

Having watched the superb series on UK TV that followed Airfix over several months i suspect that Paul is right. The modern way of producing a new model is with had held scanners and for that you need a good example to scan ( and permission) or you need subjects like the star ship enterprise where rivet counters cant prove you wrong in your offerings.
Don't worry, they will find away. Gary S.

Way back in the 60's MPC did a model of the GT40 that won Lelmans that I built back then. It had the complete engine and chassis. I would love to build it again in Gulf colors. Gary S.

Back