• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Franzisket's Bf 109 now finished!

matrixone

Here is the HobbyBoss 1/72 scale 'Easy Assembly' Bf 109G-6 I recently finished.

This Bf 109 is in the markings of Major Ludwig Franzisket the Gruppenkommandeur of 1./JG27 in early 1944.

407656101.jpg

407656100.jpg

407656099.jpg

407656098.jpg

407656097.jpg

407656096.jpg

407656095.jpg

407656094.jpg

407656092.jpg

407656091.jpg

h83f9a13.JPG

h6845b98.JPG

Matrixone

I would have never guessed that was one of those Hobby Boss easy assembly kits. You did a great job on it (y)

Thanks Ryan,
The finished model is not that bad considering its half toy/half scale model, only some of the smaller details are lacking from this kit. If HobbyBoss really tried I am sure they could easily produce the best kits on the market and at a low price too, they need to improve their research dept...a lot, the molding of their kit parts are already pretty nice.

Matrixone

You're right Les. A little extra effort and those HB kits could give the new Airfix a serious run for their money. Always a pleasure to see your work! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Thank you Dave!

Now that the Messerschmitts are finished I can get back to work on the Dragon Arado 234P and those ill fitting engine nacelles. :sick:

Matrixone

Thank you Dave!

Now that the Messerschmitts are finished I can get back to work on the Dragon Arado 234P and those ill fitting engine nacelles. :sick:

Matrixone

Wait parts on a Dragon aircraft kit not fitting right?!? There's news to me :rotf Out of the 3 dragon kits I've tried none have fit well. Of course it could just be me :gogo

Ryan,
Dragon kits (at least the 1/72 scale ones) are all the same...look great in the box but always seem to have a glitch or two during construction.

Years ago the 1/72 scale Dragon Ta 152C came close to being the first I ever bashed against a wall in frustration, I did finish it though and it was one of the better models I had built at the time.

Matrixone

Thanks Dave, Ian, and Andy!

Andy,
I misted on some RLM 76 tinted thinner on the top and bottom like I did with the Me 609 but on this Bf 109 I also misted on some tan tinted thinner near the rear of the fuselage on the upper surfaces to represent some sun fading and dust, this 109 operated in the MTO in a hot dry climate.

Matrixone

Back