• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fonderie Miniature Build!

Enema fire, run idiot!

Funniest thing I've read all week! I've got the Do24 (thanks to a generous pal) and Mine only has two hull halves. The resin isn't bad looking, but the plastic is juust like yours. I ought to do mine next, after the MiG! Cheers, Sharkie!

Glad you liked that Chuk! My favorite is still "Infuriate me, do resin!"

The resin does look quite good. Can't complain about that. Been doing some test fitting of the interior and I think those parts are going to need some major overhauls too as they don't fit in the hulls.

Not sure yet how to fix the problem with my hulls. You're lucky you got the 2-part one!

You guys sure can pick a kit, man even the cockpit doesn't line up. This will be interesting...:popcorn

I'd certainly love some company in the FM asylum Chuk!

We'll figure out some way to tackle it. At least a few others have, it might just take several rounds to beat them both into submission!

:drinks

While waiting for glue to dry, got a start on the Maryland engines. These are probably the nicest part of this kit!

Dornier D0 24:

Did a test fit of the cockpit parts as I heard they were too large for the fuselage. Sure enough, they are!!! :bang head

Maryland:

Got the engines assembled. Now will just have to add push rods and wires!

A lot of work there. Engines are looking good. You might havew to just turf the interior and build from scratch.
James

Hmmm :idonno That looks like a booger . :blink

Are you sure that the bulkheads are perfectly located . These short run kits are usually clear as mud.

Just a couple millimeters one way or another can sometimes make a world of difference.

If placement is correct, I would scratch built them .

Best to get your fuselage halves to align first though.

Cheers, Christian B)

:blink :eek:hmy: :facepalm

I thought the two special hobby kits I'm working on were rough! I was mistaken.

Hmmm :idonno That looks like a booger . :blink

Are you sure that the bulkheads are perfectly located . These short run kits are usually clear as mud.

Just a couple millimeters one way or another can sometimes make a world of difference.

If placement is correct, I would scratch built them .

Best to get your fuselage halves to align first though.

Cheers, Christian B)

Definately a booger! It is the correct placement. I might see if the insdie walls can be shaved down but I think it will be a scratch build

My apologies but I read Fonderie Miniature builds and expected a blood bath so I avoided it!

The Martin engine does look like Aeromasters' (reboxed French Hi-Tech kit):
s-l1600.jpg

As for Special Hobby SH48076 Dornier Do-24T, no news on any of the Czech forums.

A sublime Bramo 323 engine is available from Vector and expensive, especially if you need three.

I will try watching along...

25792534-Closeup-portrait-of-scared-shy-business-man-covering-face-nose-mouth-with-hands-fingers-peering-thro-Stock-Photo.jpg

Regards

My apologies but I read Fonderie Miniature builds and expected a blood bath so I avoided it!

Don't blame you! I'm starting to think I should!

As for Special Hobby SH48076 Dornier Do-24T, no news on any of the Czech forums.

A sublime Bramo 323 engine is available from Vector and expensive, especially if you need three.

I hope that Special Hobby does bring it out someday! I'm still considering the Vector engines as well, we'll see. the kit ones really are not that bad.

;)

Back