• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fonderie Miniature Build!

sharkman

Master at Arms
So, this is where I am going to start my thread for an upcoming build I've been thinking about. I'm planning on tackling 2 Fonderie Miniature kits at once and I'm probably going to start late in the fall of this year after I get most of my insane list of campaigns done that I signed up for!! :woohoo:

They really will be a challenge and I've had it in my mind to start them for awhile! I'm feeling up to the challenge now. Just looking over them though gives me a headache but also a bit of excitement!

This is one of the contestants! (got this from Gary aka Old Dog)

and this will be the other (I need a pic of the box)

While planning a mental attack for these kits I also was brainstorming some possible anagrams for "Fonderie Miniatures" and "Fonderie Miniature" to help motivate me. (I was just curious what i could come up with since these kits are a challenge). These are a few of the more colourful phrases I came up with!! :D

Using Fonderie Miniatures:

1. redefine sanitorium
2. infuriate me, do resin
3. definite manure, I sore

Using Fonderie Miniature:

1. A more definite ruin
2. Refine manure idiot
3. Enema fire, run idiot
4. I urinate demon fire

So, lots of good encouragement there! Can't wait to start these!!!

;)

I like the Glen Martin planes . The Baltimore looks really cool . :idonno Hopefully someday :soldier

Which other one do you have planned ?

Christian B)

The bottom one looks like a Do24.

lfz1_5b.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

I like the Glen Martin planes . The Baltimore looks really cool . :idonno Hopefully someday :soldier

Christian B)

I agree with the Baltimore. Would like to get the CA kit of the Baltimore but every time I see one for sale its like $150!!

Christian B)

I agree with the Baltimore. Would like to get the CA kit of the Baltimore but every time I see one for sale its like $150!!

Ouch ! Make me glad my scale is more affordable.

I have run into a few 1/72 recently and I thought they were rather pricey but not as bad as that .

Cheers, Christian B)

Good luck on both of those. Matt Swan built the Do 24 several years ago and had quite a time with it. I have only one FM kit left in the stash, the Halifax, I suspect it will end up being a multiyear build !

Decided to take some pics of this kit today!

Here's the other one I'm planning for this build

Some of you might have this tucked away in your stash! After talking to a few others who got this kit it appears that later kits had some adjustment made to the port fuselage. The earlier kits look to have a 1 piece port fuse while later kits (like mine) had a 2 piece port fuse (you can see in my first post). As a result, it is a much poorer fit since the new port side fuse is a little bit larger than the starboard side.

Here are a few pics of what I'm getting myself into.

It is going to be a big one!

There are some nice resin engines included with the kit and they even have a metal shaft. Not sure but I may replace these. we'll see!

Other resin bits (some have little bits broken off).

Some examples of the clean up required (I think all pieces will need attention)!

engine cowls

rear stabilizers

These are the white metal bits, some are good, others not quite so good!

(y)

:eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: :eek:hmy: Don't really know what to say to that!!! Good luck and good hunting! :salute

Thanks Dave! (I'll need all the luck I can get).

Special Hobby has a 1/48 Do 24 listed in their future kits (SH48076). Anyone know what the current story is on it?
(maybe Saul??? :) )

I remember seeing an update with pictures of the master about the same time they were announcing the 48 He 115.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/102553-special-hobby-sh48076-dornier-do-24t

Yiiiikes ! Looks rough Warren . Sort of reminds me of the Clog I beat a while back but needing even more TLC.

This should be interesting as I have the Italeri version that I can't seem to get to . I'll be studying your build :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

Yiiiikes ! Looks rough Warren . Sort of reminds me of the Clog I beat a while back but needing even more TLC.

This should be interesting as I have the Italeri version that I can't seem to get to . I'll be studying your build :woohoo:

Cheers, Christian B)

It does look rough but this is one of my favorite aircraft! It may take awhile!!!

:dance

Take your time , I don't see mine coming to the table any time soon . :coolio I like it a lot myself but I like a lot of birds...

Cheers, Christian B)

Enema fire, run idiot!

Funniest thing I've read all week! I've got the Do24 (thanks to a generous pal) and Mine only has two hull halves. The resin isn't bad looking, but the plastic is juust like yours. I ought to do mine next, after the MiG! Cheers, Sharkie!

Back