• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Foker D.VII, Udet's bird in 1/48 scale

drhornii

Building this for a friend who flies an 80% version. It may not be 100% accurate but I am making it close to his aircraft (he will be adding Lozenge to his AC some day). Using the Roden kit of Udet's aircraft, It should be a fun build!

In the beginning....
FokkerDVIIUdet_zps184e7a14.jpg

Onto the build
Base coat of black before spraying Alclad II
Fokkerkit-02_zps36524588.jpg

Current status of kit
Fokkerkit-03_zps6e8be6eb.jpg

Fokkerkit-04_zps82914117.jpg

My friends aircraft I am basing this build on. I will will have Lozenge on lower wing and undersine of upper wing.
DVII-03_zps0f700e82.jpg

DVII-01_zps1d2365ec.jpg

David, to fully qualify for our build Campaigns we ask that you provide a picture of the unassembled kit with some sort of time/date stamp visible. Newspaper dateline, a cell phone screen or our own Modelers Alliance campaign time that can be found at the bottom of this page. Reason we do this is from time to time our Campaigns maybe sponsored by a vendor, we just want to make sure everyone starts at the same time.

Fokker Scourge is James Campaign so I'll put to him if this is acceptable. Never the less I'm :popcorn

Looks like a nice kit.

I think it will be okay, please put a time stamp on it.

Time stamp is on the first pic

David, to fully qualify for our build Campaigns we ask that you provide a picture of the unassembled kit with some sort of time/date stamp visible. Newspaper dateline, a cell phone screen or our own Modelers Alliance campaign time that can be found at the bottom of this page.

Regards,

Roden does a lot of WWI kits, I've only done a couple of Eduard and a WnW kit. How are these Roden kits David? Is there a lot of work that needs to be done?

Roden does a lot of WWI kits, I've only done a couple of Eduard and a WnW kit. How are these Roden kits David? Is there a lot of work that needs to be done?

It is my first WWI kit and first Roden kit. The build is not that bad and I do plan of building a WNW kit some day. Typical Roden, pebbly surface texture but not that bad.

Finally starting to show some color. I know most models depict Udet's bird with red/white stripes but I am sticking to the theme "my friends airplane" which has the black stripes.
Fokker_paint-01_zpsb981c49a.jpg

I'm am truly amazed at these WW1 builds, the attention to detail is mind boggling.
I know my limits and these builds are well beyond it.
Excellent work!

Back