• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finished Sturm-Infanteriegeschutz 33 auf Pz III

Tony lee

Master at Arms
100_0417.jpg

It's to dang cold to do any painting on the Brummbar so I took this one off the shelf and started the assembly.
100_0455.jpg

100_0456.jpg

You can sure tell this kit is from 1995,huge sprue gates,lumpy parts and warped panels.
It's a simple kit and not many parts but it's rough as a cob.

The PE set and Friuls will jazz it up a little so all is not lost.
Tony Lee :unsure:

Re:WIP 15cm Sturm-Infanteriegeschutz 33 auf Pz III

Looking good Tony, I love all these SPG's you build.

Cold? Whats cold, 63 here today..................... ;)

Ohhhh shut your mouth man I don't need to hear it,63 huh.

23 and snow right now
Tony Lee

Nice work, Tony. Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out :)

Pretty cold here today as well: 28C... ah need anotha slab of beers, and off to the beach this evening for a cool down and gawk at the bikini clad ladiiiieeees :drink (y)

Rudi :pp

yo tony - that's a good start and with the pe this one will come out as a beauty!

Hi Tony.

Isn't it interesting to go from one of the new Dragon kits to one of these older ones? Just a few years makes such a huge diffrence :laugh: . I can remember when these kits were the greatest thing since the wheel. But they are still OK really. Especially when you do what you have said, just add a little photo etch and do a good paint job, and you still end up with a nice little kit.

And I really feel for you having to deal with the temperature. I am suffering here also. tonight it is supposed to get all the way down somewhere aroung 10C :pinch: . And tomorrow it should only get up to about 24C :p

Gary B)

Hi Tony,

A fairly old kit from DML. But with the Eduard PE and Friul traks it will look really good. Quickly to work.

In Munich, it is -10 degrees C and a little snow in the night

Olav

It's about 50 now at 4am. Looking at another chilly 60 degree day here in the Mojave.
Come on Tony don't let a lil cold keep ya down!

:woohoo: We're gettin somewhere now.
Added more parts,shaved off some of the kit details and mud flaps to make room for the PE goodies today. Took my mind off the cold weather anyway.
100_0457.jpg

100_0458.jpg

Wasted a lot of time looking for the aluminum barrel I put away so I wouldn't loose it.
Being neat has its disadvantages too.

Later Folks and Thanks for checking on me. :)
Tony Lee

:unsure: Hey Tony :unsure:

I found the aluminium barrel for you :pp Its sticking out of the big hole in the front of the superstructure :idonno !

It is looking like a neat build , lets get some PE goodies on it now !

Jenny :kiss:

Nice job, Tony; I love those old Dragon's models; they make our ingenuity flows like a river :lol:

Darío

Here's your reward Jenny.Some tin bending just for you. :woohoo:
100_0459.jpg

Wonder why no PE for the kit bin? At least they did change out the support legs. :)
Later Folks
Tony Lee

Looking great so far Tony!

Terry B)

That PE really enhance the appearance. Should have used them in mine!

Ruben

Yep a little PE here and there does bring out the wow factory. :woohoo:

100_0460.jpg

100_0461.jpg

100_0462.jpg

That does it for today Folks. :)
Tony Lee

Hi Tony.

That is a sweet looking thumper. And the photo etch is really starting to dress it up. Hopefully it will stay cold for another couple of months, and you could get about 10 kits done and ready for paint. And hopefully you will be able to keep track of where you put that aluminum barrel :lol: .

Gary B)

Back