• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finally getting some Attention on my back!

Ed,

I feel your pain, literally! I have 20% disability from the VA for back and neck injuries. Stairs don't bother my back, but I cannot sit unsupported for more than 30 minutes... then it is time for the Pain Pills!

Good luck with the jokers at Social Security. Paul's right, they will deny you overtime, regardless of the evidence; but as soon as the lawyers get involved... they settle.

Thanks Barney. My therapist (Clara) asked a bunch of questions, had me fill out a questionaire -to give her an idea of where I am/ what I'm dealing with. and then added it up & says I'm like at 45% disabled. but, it's an informal type questionaire that wont stand up in court...

I know SS will be a long drawn out ordeal. Know too many people who are getting it & it took a minimum of 4 yrs to get it!

Ok, just got back a lil bit ago from seein' Clara for the 2nd time. She had me do some excercizes on the table for a bit then put some kind of electronic gizmo on my lover back :eek:hmy: :S I had no idea what to expect when she turned it on but, when she did,she explained it's purpose & said for me to let her know when I "feel it" Beiing the a-hole clown that I is, you can picture this... I start shakin' real good & start goin' BZBZZZZZZZZZ !!!! :rotf Shoulda seen her reaction (y)
Ok, the electric gizmo was pretty interesting & she said it should help with the nerve pain. I'm still not too sure about it but, I'm keepin' an open mind... :D The sensation it gives is hard to describe but,anyone familiar wiht "Magic Fingers"? kinda feels like someone poking their thumbs into the lower back poppin' the muscles... :eek:hyeah
I go back again on Friday & Clara wont be there :bang head But, I git to breakin another young lady... :hmmm :drinks

:rotf

I had chiropractor do that to me also, did she put you on the James Bond rotogyrator bed and torture machine? Felt good but don't touch that dial!

:rotf

I had chiropractor do that to me also, did she put you on the James Bond rotogyrator bed and torture machine? Felt good but don't touch that dial!

Actually, I'm suprised she aint done that yet!! :eek:hmy: She's had me lay on my side & do lifts of my knees, today she had me lay on my back with my feet up on a beach ball & move it around then put that gizmo on my back. THat was interesting... It's s'poseta help ease the Nerve pain but, the jury's still out on that one tho :stinker I'm keepin' an open mind about it & we'll see what happens. I go back on Friday :eek:hyeah

Just got home from the Physical Terrorist... No wonder Clara wasn't there... :stinker Karen likes to ty people up in knots!! :blush: :S :frantic No joy on the electric shock therapy today :bang head Seems Clara forgot to enter that on my chart :smack
So, am a touch sore from today's session& go back on Tues & Thurs for the next couple weeks... So the saga continues :drinks

Well, I survived another brutal session with a different [strike]terrorist[/strike] therapist. Had me mostly doing stretches with the legs this time. :gogo ANyhow, I go again on Thurs. and again twice next week. I dunno if it's helpin' or not but, at least it gets me outta the house for a little bit!! :drinks

Thursday's session went ok. The gal had me doing leg stretches & had me on the bicycle thingy for 10 mins. It's probably been 20-25 yrs since I've been ona bike! :S afterwards, she had me lay down on a mat & raised my legs one at a time until it started to hurt & went past that point & says yep, you're improving... Dang girl! That hurt!! :bang head I still don't see how this is s'poseta help my back :idonno
She asked how much I walk each day & I told her, 1/2 a mile to a mile, sometimes more. Just depends on what my mother has planned for the day... and says that's not enuff. Oh, excuse me but, I walk alot & when I walk alot my back starts hurtin' big time. I know a body in motion stays in motion but, the more I walk, the more I hurt.
Climbing stairs or steep driveways is very difficult for me to do now-a-days

Had my physical terrorist session yesterday & it went alright. She had me do the stretches (as usual) then put me on the bicycle thingy for 10 mins which was ok. Still not sure how this all's helpin' my back but, we'll see...
I did ask her about the TENS machine which Clara put on me the first day. Well, this gal is reluctant to use it on me but, had put in a request to my Dr for one so, will wait & see what happens with that. Just got home from seein' my regular Dr. and it seems she got the request & ok'd it so, will see... wuz hopin' to get it before I g to Reno this wekend but, no luck on that :bang head
I go for another terrorist treatment tomorrow & again on Tues.

Eddy I use to have back and neck issues all the time, since I started rehab for my bypass (still freaky even typing that out) I haven't had any issues. Keep at those machines, think it's a big picture sort of thing in doing exercise in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Zk2vUmjpk

Eddy I use to have back and neck issues all the time, since I started rehab for my bypass (still freaky even typing that out) I haven't had any issues. Keep at those machines, think it's a big picture sort of thing in doing exercise in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Zk2vUmjpk

Keching ! :fencing

Thanks Bob. Yeah, I'm keepin' an open mind about the stretching excercises & such. I just don't see how they will reduce the pain level in my back :S I don't take pain pills unless I need them & lately, I've been needing them... My Doc said she'd increase the dosage but, my insurance wont cover it so, she added more pills to the script to try and help me.

Best of luck. Hope they manage to help. Sucks about the insurance though. Not sure I could afford mine without insurance.
James

Best of luck. Hope they manage to help. Sucks about the insurance though. Not sure I could afford mine without insurance.
James

Thanks James. Yeah, it sucks having this insurance, it's basically Medi-cal. At least they are covering my medical expenses of seeing a Dr, a therapist & meds. Not having a job doesn't help either :blush: :blush:

Being out of work ReAlLy stinks... My meds al insurance runs out the end of next month... and so do the good medicines... I get to switch back to the VA and their idea of medication... Not the same...

Yeah Barney, I can relate. I was trying to get my CDL so I could go back to trucking but, had bad luck with trying to find a truck for a road test & had a couple DMV evaluators that failed me before even getting out of the parking lot!
So, it's been a couple yrs since I've actually worked. Doubt I can pass a DOT physical now, especially with my back & high Blood pressure.

Well, the last 2 terrorist sessions were entertaining... Thursday I had Genevieve again & we did the usual stretches & bicycle stuff then she tried to get me to hurt meself!! :eek:hmy: :gogo girl had me sitting on a beach ball and lift one foot then the other. Seein' how that didn't work, she had me lift left foot & right hand then switch off and do the opposite hand/foot! :S
Went & seen my regular Dr. Friday and sounds like she got a couple orders in for "TENS" machines so, I may be getting one soon B)

Yesterday I had to work with Clara again & we talked about the TENS & what my Dr. had to say when I seen her. We talked about my Reno trip & how my back held up on the trip up & back. Had alot of fun but, I hurt alot from the drive & all the walking I did up there. Didn't do any good on the slot tournament tho :bang head Came back broke so, came out even :facepalm

Well, I have 3 more PT sessions scheduled Mon, Fri & the following Monday. Had a session yesterday which was ok. Although I was (& still am) hurting from my computer chair throwin' me. :pinch: :pinch: Tweaked my back & the arm rest broke off so, tossed it into the garage & just got a replacement a lil bit ago

Back