• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Faun Franziska w/ SLT-56 Trailer

Leopard2

This is a project I started a while back. Trumpeters 1/35 Faun Franziska with the SLT-56 Trailer and Voyager P/E set. As reference I use Wings and Wheels Tanktransporters in Detail as well as fotos from from www.panzer-Modell.de. Since is another attempt of me using an aftermarket PE set. Previous attempts were all unsuccessful and ended in the never to be touched again bin. Even on this PE set I ended up using the kits plastic parts instead of the PE parts for like the foot pedals. So far I got some of the Cabin assembled and have the axles for the trail glued to the loading bed. I haven't taken any pictures yet but will do so shortly.

This is also my first attempt in scratch building. I made some head rests for the driver and right passenger seat.

Joe

Excellent, I also have the same kit, references, and PE in my stash...

So, any photographs?

Regards,

Ok, here are some pics. The PE on the Tractor Chassis is probably the largest piece of PE I have ever seen. I also plan on putting The PzH 2000 from Travel Gun GB on there eventually.
I forgot that I have the Accurate Armor Beacon Warning lights as well for this build.
Joe

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

Looks cool. I wondered about getting one once, then common sense interfered. An armour buddy of mine told me that Canada used these in Germany, I think on loan to move our tanks around. Never saw one though. Will keep watching. (y)
James

Germany used to 300+ during the cold war but they sold a lot with the Leopard 2's they sold all over the world. now they have less than a hundred left. And it could be very well that Canada leased or borrowed some.

Joe

Germany used to 300+ during the cold war but they sold a lot with the Leopard 2's they sold all over the world. now they have less than a hundred left. And it could be very well that Canada leased or borrowed some.

Joe

Yeah it was when we where over there. I remember our Leopard 1 C1's on rail cars or driving by but never on a truck. Course I was at an airforce base.
James

I am still not very fond of PE and I am waiting for this project going down the drain because of the PE. Wouldn't be the first kit I shelved because of the PE.

Joe

I am still not very fond of PE and I am waiting for this project going down the drain because of the PE. Wouldn't be the first kit I shelved because of the PE.

Joe
Calling Dr. Aimee, calling Dr. Aimee! PE emergency, stat! :D

Dr. Aimee is in the house but the patient is extremely stubborn and refuses all PE related treatment.
I do have to say that I may tire of hearing "They're Coming To Take Me Away" at least until they do come bag him up and bundle him off to the funny farm. HAHAHAHA.
Rest assured, I will visit him on Sunday's, bring him ice cream and soda and pat him on the back with love and concern. "It's okay my love. That bad PE monster will never show up to torment you again." :lol:

Maybe you guys do the tag team on these builds like Romy and Tim have done on theirs. Joe builds the plastic and Aimee does the PE.

Other than some delicate screens, most of the parts (if I recall correctly) are easy bends.

Regards,

UPDATE 2-16-11: Faun Franziska w/ SLT-56 Trailer

Thanks for the encouragement and motivational words. At least its not a Griffon PE set I am dealing with. BUt even this set has well over 600 parts incl. 100 nuts of less than 1mm in diameter. Anyway, here are a few more pictures. Over the last few days I was working on one of the tractor fenders, the tractor rear axle and the goose neck. I have never used so much putty in my life (now I am glad I stocked up on putty when I did). I found out that the locations for the brake air cylinders parts C60 and C61) are shown wrong in the instructions. If I read my references right the larger cylinders are facing rear and the smaller ones forward on both sides.

Regards,

The one who is loosing his insanity.

IMG_0158.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Back