• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F/A-18E Super Hornet by Revell

centaur567

100_7543.JPG

On June 6th, we saw the new release of "Maverick Top Gun" and enjoyed it very much. So, it was a no brainer to start my F-18E Super Hornet. I'm really impressed with the engineering of this kit. The air intakes parts need careful fitting together in order to have a close fit to the fuselage. I want to use some old decals from a F-14 kit of VF-33 "Starfighters". I was hoping that during the fleet buildup of Trump's administration that VF-33 would be reactivated. Sorry about no pics. Gary S.

Last edited:
100_7590.JPG
100_7591.JPG
100_7593.JPG

Not quite going by the instructions, I glued the nose assembly to the lower fuselage in order to attach the gear doors before painting the gear wells. Good thing the seat wasn't glued in because I have to remove the seat in order for the upper fuselage to fit. The decal for the instrument panel looks great. Gary S.

100_7636.JPG
100_7637.JPG
100_7639.JPG

I'm doing things a little out of the ordinary and decided to attach the landing gear and doors in order to get a good plastic to plastic bond with very small parts. The detail is very good for a Revell kit. The upper and lower fuselage halves are glued together, and the fit is ok. It's moulded like it is on the F-106 kit. Some seem clean up required. The air intake fit is very good. It's a great kit so far for the money. Gary S.

1024px-F-14A_Tomcat_VF-33_in_flight_1982.jpg
2022-08-05_122447.JPG

This is not my model, but an example of the markings I have
I'm in a conundrum trying to decide on what markings to use. Either VF-33 "Starfighters" or VF-125 Chippy Ho "Dambusters". VF-33 was a deactivated F-14 squadron and I wanted a Super Hornet with reactivated VF-33. Then I started looking at other squadron marking and remembered that I have a set of "Chippy Ho", F-18C markings and sure enough VF-125 flies the F-18E. I'm thinking about painting the spine either black or green depending on which one I use. Gary S.

Love that Chippy-Ho marking,I built a Hasegawa F18C with those markings.
Your Superbug is looking great love the cockpit.

100_7721.JPG
100_7722.JPG
100_7723.JPG
100_7724.JPG
100_7726.JPG

After much delay it's finally painted. The underside might be a little light and VF-33 should be VFA-33. Oh well, it's only a model. The tail feathers are not glued yet. Disappointed in the lack of bombs or rockets. Only 4 in kit. Gary S.

Back