• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-4E by Hasegawa

100_6054.JPG

Masking tape applied ready for paint. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

100_6055.JPG

The lighter green painted. I used Floquil's Germen lt. green RLM 83. Close enough. Working with what I have. The dark green is next. For that I mixed Testors OD green with flat black to get a darker green. One was to make OD green is to mix yellow with black, so mixing a little more black makes a dark green. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

That is a most interesting way to mask, brilliant idea Gary! I typically use Silly Putty for this kind of work. This is gonna look fabulous!

100_6057.JPG
100_6057.JPG

I had to mix in a little IJN green to get a better color. The darker green is on the lt. The color before remixing it looked like a dark OD. After posting it looks more of a gray color. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

100_6076.JPG

100_6077.JPG

100_6078.JPG

100_6079.JPG

When it came time to do the panel lines, I decided to do something I haven't done in a long time. Instead of a dark sludge wash, I used a pencil. After drawing in the line I erased most of to make the effect very subtle. Hope it shows up in the pictures. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

That is excellent! I know a guy who also uses pencil on all his 1/72 scale panel lines. Easiest panel lining ever! He uses a .02 lead in a mechanical pencil.

Back