• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-4E by Hasegawa

Ah, the old mechanical pencil. Brings me back to when I was modeling in HS. Pencil for panel lines and ground pastels for weathering. Something to be said for keeping it simple...and who says you can't have good results from it.

Nice info with the pencil, I will definitely add that to the arsenal. Build is looking great.

100_6111.JPG

Used white oils and a post it note to highlight the panels, then did an over all dry brush for fading. Still need to do underside. Gary S. XXXXV XX XX

I notice the box art has the SEA wrapped around the underside also. Was that a thing? I don't recall that.

Looking good Gary!

Thanks. The wrap around came out in the 80's in Europe I think since those marking were on birds stationed in Germany. I'm not going to dirty up the underside. I like the way it is. Started doing the kit decals of the box art. Disappointed that the stars were not quite in register. Oh well. Also the have a lot of glue residue that's hard to clean up. Gary S. XLV MMXX

100_6129.JPG

The lt. intake needed touching up. The bottle of custom mix dark green spilled before remixing and the color didn't come out quite right.

100_6132.JPG

Did a remix this am and tried again. I think it came out closer. Gary S. XLV MMXX

Back