• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-15A 5th FIS * * D O N E * *

F-15A (Late) - 5th FIS

Yesterday and today, I managed to grab a couple of hours at the bench and the F-15 is just about finished. The gear, gear doors, drop-tank and exhausts are all in place and it looks pretty good. Still need to put those low-light strips on and the actuators for the exhaust petals - all 30 of them :gogo

With luck and a following wind, I'll get it finished by this time tomorrow.

AFN.

Ian.

Kit - Academy 1:48
Paint - All Xtracolour enamels.
Decals - Superscale 48-753 & Microscale 48-63 (stencils).
Extras - Aeroclub white metal ACES 2 seat, AIM-9P from Hasegawa Weapons Set B.

F-15A Eagle
Assigned to Commander:
5th FIS, Air Defence Command
Minot AFB, 1987

h07eb568.JPG

h365fb44.JPG

h92c9b34.JPG

h37ecbd9.JPG

hd2fde2f.JPG

he1800cf.JPG

h22c13a4.JPG

Thanks for sticking with me on this long & drawn-out project. Definitely not one from the 'top drawer' but looks quite imposing in the cabinet (as long as you don't look too closely). Also my thanks taking the time to look and/or comment, and as ever all criticism, comments and questions are welcome.

Ian.

Kit - Academy 1:48
Paint - All Xtracolour enamels.
Decals - Superscale 48-753 & Microscale 48-63 (stencils).
Extras - Aeroclub white metal ACES 2 seat, AIM-9P from Hasegawa Weapons Set B.

F-15A Eagle
Assigned to Commander:
5th FIS, Air Defence Command
Minot AFB, 1987

h07eb568.JPG

h365fb44.JPG

h92c9b34.JPG

h37ecbd9.JPG

hd2fde2f.JPG

he1800cf.JPG

h22c13a4.JPG

Thanks for sticking with me on this long & drawn-out project. Definitely not one from the 'top drawer' but looks quite imposing in the cabinet (as long as you don't look too closely). Also my thanks taking the time to look and/or comment, and as ever all criticism, comments and questions are welcome.

Ian.
Wow great finish

Very nice Ian . A lot of tedious work :good: and I enjoyed the earlier F-15 paints as they did not contrast as much as the present one . Quite subtle .

Cheers, Christian B)

Terrific work Ian! (y)

Even though the small stencil decals were a lot of work to put on and can just barely be seen they give the impression of your F-15 being much larger than a plastic scale model.

Matrixone

Back