• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F-15A 5th FIS * * D O N E * *

F-15A (Late) - 5th FIS

What in the world...are you suppose to slip another part in between there? :popcorn

F-15A (Late) - 5th FIS

Nothing compares to instructions being wrong . You would thing they would employ graduates from something . :smack

Cheers, Christian B)

F-15A (Late) - 5th FIS

Still looks like less of a headache then I had with my Hase F-15's intakes. You sure whipped it into shape Ian! Nice work.

F-15A (Late) - 5th FIS

What in the world...are you suppose to slip another part in between there? :popcorn

You get two sets of intakes, up - cruising at high speed, and lowered - taxiing, low speed etc. I tried the 'up' intakes and followed the kit instructions and NOTHING fitted. After ripping them off and sanding/filling the glue scars, I invented my own way to do it, using the lowered intakes. I've dry-fitted the sequence twice an it does work, just.

I'm leaving it like this for now, so I can get in with the airbrush then I'll spray the inside of the outer panel and slide it in to place. I won't tell you about fitting the intake trunks, you simply won't believe me. :gogo

Ian.

F-15A (Late) - 5th FIS

Ian,
The fit problems with this one is a sign for you to build more WWII subjects. :eek:ldguy

Matrixone

F-15A (Late) - 5th FIS

If you screw-up your eyes, you can just make out the lengths of plastic-card under the 'Green Stuff'. They simply didn't fit whatsoever.

hed7b6a8.JPG

Remind me again that this is a 'fun' hobby... :bat

Ian.

F-15A (Late) - 5th FIS

Oh man I have been missing this one. Drivers compartment looking good :D

Looks to me your not letting this kit stop you. (y)

F-15A (Late) - 5th FIS

Have to say, I'm feeling quite pleased with m'wee self... Mixed a littl Alclad 'Steel' in to 'Dark Aluminium' and sprayed the whole back end, then some 'Polished Aluminium' and two small panels in 'White Aluminium'. Once they were all dry (20mins in the summer heat), I buffed them with a soft cloth then sprayed some random light bands of Tamiya clear blue, orange and 'smoke' getting progressively heavier toward the rear.

h485c8ae.jpg

h6037bd9.jpg

Please have your say, would really like to you guys think. :v

AFN

Ian.

Back