• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

EVERYTHING IS "JAKE" "FINISHED"

Re: EVERYTHING IS "JAKE" "UPDATE 3"

Looks like it's coming along great (y) shame the engine will be mostly hidden but that sort of thing seems to happens all the time with me ! I wish one of the main stream companies would release a 1/48 scale kit of this significant aircraft to replace the old Nichimo kit.

Re: EVERYTHING IS "JAKE" "UPDATE 3"

Looks like it's coming along great (y) shame the engine will be mostly hidden but that sort of thing seems to happens all the time with me ! I wish one of the main stream companies would release a 1/48 scale kit of this significant aircraft to replace the old Nichimo kit.

Well I know it's there. :laugh: It would look funny flying around with the cowling open.

B)

Re: EVERYTHING IS "JAKE" "UPDATE 4"

A little progress report. I got the canopy masked and the under coat painted and one of the pontoons rigged. Yes you heard me right rigged. Here some update pictures and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07317.JPG

DSC07353.JPG

DSC07354.JPG

DSC07355.JPG

B)

Looking good Terry (y) Rigging before painting ? You're a brave man :eek:hmy:

A little progress report. I got the canopy masked and the under coat painted and one of the pontoons rigged. Yes you heard me right rigged. Here some update pictures and comments are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07317.JPG

DSC07353.JPG

DSC07354.JPG

DSC07355.JPG

B)

Rigging does look great Terry, guess you had some practice under your belt... :yipee

Now to work on that trout camo pattern. :rotf

Re: EVERYTHING IS "JAKE" "UPDATE 5"

Well in between IV treatments and with plenty of pain meds I have been working on the JAKE. Here are some pictures of it painted and the rest of the rigging. The decals are old and fragile, but I plan to be done sometime today.

Terry B)

DSC07373.JPG

DSC07374.JPG

B)

Paint job is looking fine, those meds must be helping the creative process! :mpup

Dear Terry.

...very nice airbrushing job...super well done :dude

Regards.... :drinks

Luiz.

:laugh: :laugh: Thanks Guys!!

This may be the worst model I've done. I'm just trying to get finished.

:pilot

I've already posted on the completion thread, but thought I better finish up this one. I am calling the JAKE finished. The kit went together fairly well, but there is no cockpit and the decal came to pieces when I tried to move them and tail numbers were a complete bust. The crew came loose after the canopy was in place so one guy is slumped over. Here are the final pictures of good ole JAKE and thanks for following along.

Terry :unsure:

DSC07378.JPG

DSC07379.JPG

DSC07380.JPG

B)

Back