• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

EVERYTHING IS "JAKE" "FINISHED"

Re: EVERYTHING IS "JAKE" "UPDATE 1"

Nice work, (y) my eyes hurt just thinking about trying that !

Re: EVERYTHING IS "JAKE" "UPDATE 1"

Nicely done! Did you test fit the cowl over it?

Regards,

Re: EVERYTHING IS "JAKE" "UPDATE 2"

I got reminded that there were only 19 days left yesterday. So I thought I should do some work on "JAKE". I painted the engine Model Masters Gun Metal and then dry brushed it with Testors silver. I painted the fuse halves and the cockpit such as it is. Zero detail in the cockpit so I will paint the crew and put them in the seats. This will be a manned model. The fuse is closed up and the engine is mounted. When the crew is added I will install the canopy, which looks like it will fit nicely. Here are some update pictures and comments and questions are welcome.

Terry B)

DSC07304.JPG

DSC07305.JPG

DSC07306.JPG

DSC07307.JPG

B)

Engine looks great all painted up and mounted (y) Keep on trucking ! Only uhh, hmmm never mind ! :D

Engine looks great all painted up and mounted (y) Keep on trucking ! Only uhh, hmmm never mind ! :D

Thanks and no I don't want to know how many days are left. :laugh:

B)

Re: EVERYTHING IS "JAKE" "UPDATE 3"

Well it's been a "JAKE" day. I got a lot done. The wings, crew, pontoons, and canopy. Don't get used to seeing the engine because I think I'm going to close up the cowl. With the plane crewed up it would look kinda funny with the cowling open. Here are some update pictures of today's work. Next up masking the canopy.

Terry B)

DSC07308.JPG

DSC07309.JPG

DSC07310.JPG

DSC07311.JPG

DSC07312.JPG

DSC07313.JPG

DSC07314.JPG

DSC07315.JPG

DSC07316.JPG

B)

Re: EVERYTHING IS "JAKE" "UPDATE 3"

Great job Terry!...really a beautiful airplane!

Following :popcorn

Best!

Luiz.

Back